Monday, November 16, 2009

Impulse



So we have been meaning to get a new coffee table for a while now. Our old one has a glass top and sharp corners on it, so before Finley starts to pull up on things around the house we wanted to make sure he was safe. We found a really nice leather one at World Market (one of my favorite stores) on sale for $70 off the original price tag. On top of that David had a 25% off coupon so we were going to save another $50, a grand total of $120 off. Sweet. We were going to make out like bandits.
And then David saw a matching leather chair....and there was no turning back. We are not usually impulse buyers, and it normally takes us forever to make a big furniture purchase (it took us a month to decide on this ottoman/coffee table and almost 2 yrs to pick out a dining room table and chairs) but low and behold we came home with a matching leather chair. It too was on sale for $100 off and we got the additional 25% off with the coupon. So it was a good deal. But I am still in shock. I must say...it sure does look nice though.
I guess Christmas came a little early in the Harris household this year. Finley didn't seem to notice the new furniture we got, but he does enjoy playing in the boxes it came in.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Ha! I love getting a deal! It makes me feel like I'm cheating the system. Your new furniture looks great.

Miss Pants said...

Love the new "coffee table". We too switched to a leather ottoman some time last year. Ours has storage space underneath. And like you, shortly after we had to have a chair to match. Funny!

Sawyers Family said...

That's fun! I love how kids love boxes! I guess Finley doesn't need any Christmas presents this year--just boxes! (and he'll probably love the wrapping paper, too!)

carrie said...

I love it! And with the deal you got, you had to get the matching set. You would have been crazy not to! (Don't take me shopping with you, I'm no help for those that don't want to spend. Ü)

shelley said...

that box is better than a playpen! what a cutie!

Tami said...

Wow! It looks great and you got a great deal. Greg and I are going to hire you to do our shopping. We are the poster children for impulse shopping and poor bargain shoppers... Shopping is a chore we can never get done too quickly!

Finley gets cuter ever day. I cannot wait to see him!!!! Better bring your winter gear!

jax from the harmon squad said...

Sometimes it feels to good to be a little impulsive. Especially when you get a great box out of it! We had a box specifically for Max to play in when we'd visit Rob's work (one of the perks of having a family owned business) that eventually grew into something resembling a hamster tunnel course. I was sad when it got thrown away, Max had lots of fun in it.