Thursday, April 15, 2010

O N E



Has it really come to this?






Is my precious little baby almost one?







No, it can't be!
He's not a toddler yet, is he?



Oh I don't know if I can handle this!



How did we go from this...






to this?






The time has really flown by this past year. People said it would, but I didn't believe them. I am having such mixed emotions. I am excited that he is growing up and almost walking, and starting to say words, but I am sad he won't cuddle as much and no longer fits so nice and neat into my arms. Sometimes he would rather sleep on the floor than in my arms.




As we are approaching the 1 year mark...Finley's latest accomplishments include but are not limited to:

- saying dada, dog, yeah, and uh ooh
-signs dog, more, milk, and signing time
- will walk beside you holding just one hand
-can climb the stairs
-loves clapping, waving bye bye, and hugging his stuffed dog




Finley's likes include:

Swinging at the park, strolling, having friends over to play, the trash can, the toilet, toilet paper, our DVD collection, throwing things, and smothering his face in his burp cloths.






Finley's dislikes include:


Getting dressed, having his diaper changed, strangers, having his boogies snatched and washing his hands.



Finley's 1 year old stats:

Weight: 19 lbs 5 oz (down a bit)
Length: 28 1/2 inches
Head: 18 1/2 inches




And as this year is coming to a close it is now time to start the weaning process. I am very proud to have made it through a whole year of nursing! Proud and blessed. I must say I am very nervous and scared about weaning. Finley is down to nursing 4 or 5 times a day so hopefully it won't be too much of a shock to his system. Wish me luck!
And now...let the count down to 1 begin! 5 days until Finley turns ONE!
(and just so you know I am trying very hard not to cry right now)

4 comments:

Miss Pants said...

Awe...Happy (early) Birthday Finley!!!

carrie said...

But he just keeps getting cuter, that has to help at least a little? Ü

And just so you know, your post almost made me cry.

Greg and Nicolle said...

I LOVE his cute little blazer with matching cap... so adorable.

Sawyers Family said...

So when I was leading the music on Sunday and looked over a Finley in his suit coat, I couldn't help but grin! HE IS SO DARN CUTE! And so handsome and grown-up in his fancy clothes!
I can't believe he's almost one either!
Happy Birthday, Finley!