When David and I first bought our house, almost 4 years ago now, the house was definitely old but still in great shape. Little did we know how quickly things would start to deteriorate. Our house has Masonite siding on it which begins to crumble once the slightest amount of moisture gets under the wood. So our siding has started to look a little weathered these days to say the least.
The wood peckers decided to put holes into our trim around the roof line.
And some of the Masonite had started to rot and crumble!
Can you believe how bad it was?
I mean just the slightest touch and huge chunks of the siding would come apart in your hands.
And then there was our roof.
Which had lots of lovely stains on it from the huge pine trees that surround our house.
So it was time for a home makeover.
A little Curb Appeal (my favorite show on HGTV).
Our entire tax refund and then some went into giving our house a much needed face lift. We picked out some new vinyl siding to match what we already had on the house - with just a slight difference in color. Our old siding was grey and the new vinyl siding would be slightly green. Scottish Thistle is the official name of the color on our house now.
5 comments:
Very nice! I think it makes a huge difference. It's like a facelift for your home.
The house looks great!
Those bad "before" shots must have been hiding in the back of the house. I never noticed them.
Love it! Especially the texture of the new roof: who would think something small like that would make such a difference?
love it! we need to do the same to our house. I love those home makeover shows too.
Wow, looks great!
Post a Comment