Yesterday the rain held off long enough for us to enjoy our annual tradition of strawberry pickin'. It was a cool overcast morning, but it was perfect weather for us! Last year we discovered an awesome farm in High Point called Ingram Farm.
Then we walked on over to the fields to pick. They have several different fields that are huge! Pickin' those strawberries could easily be a full time job. At first Finley had a lot fun finding the strawberries and putting them in the bucket.
Naughty dada!
Good thing there were some horses nearby!
Finley even got to pet one!
And he was so tickled when they made their typical 'horse' noises.
Our friend Carrie came to help us out (really we were just using her as free labor and then made her share her freezer jam recipe with us!). Finley loves Carries!
Next year I will try to limit myself to one bucket full.
There were so many good ripe strawberries were we done in no time.
Finley loved it.
Who says you can't have ice cream at 10 in the morning?
It was the perfect snack!
I am pretty sure it will last us until next season. And of course we have been enjoying strawberry meals every chance we get. Plain strawberries, strawberry short cake with whip cream, chocolate chip waffles with strawberries on top, strawberry salad, strawberries with sugar, the list goes on and on!
Thanks Carrie for coming with us and teaching us your secret family recipe!
6 comments:
mmm, strawberries are so good! You should try them dipped in sour cream and then brown sugar!!
Oh my gosh... I couldn't believe how many strawberries were out there. I've never seen it that good!!! Thanks for choosing a great day to go, Natalie. Sorry we didn't get to pick alongside you guys.
I am so bummed! I wanted to pick strawberries sooo bad this year, but in GA strawberry farms are hard to find!
Looks like you had a good time!!
Have I missed it? Is there still time to pick???
Erika
Erika - there is still time! Go this weekend.
And Kelly - sour cream and brown sugar? Not so sure about that one!
Good times! Thanks for letting me come along!
I can second the yumminess of the sour cream and brown sugar. It is delicious! And, a correction to the sour cream and cinnamon mistake I told you guys to try. Ü
Post a Comment