Soccer Camp Diaries
In addition to being a stay at home mom, my full time job, I also help run my father's team camps that are held in Greensboro. My primary role is to recruit teams to attend camp, register them, and oversee the admin stuff leading up to camp. I have never posted anything about my part time job before, so I figured it was time. And maybe this will be a little therapeutic after a long week of camp.
This year for camp we held only one session of our team camp, as opposed to the normal two. This was because my dad's team took a little trip to Germany for the World Cup, and also because the economy is what it is and the past few years numbers have been down. I am proud to say that we did increase the number of teams attending from 20 teams in 2010 (over 2 sessions of camp) to 23 teams this year (for just 1 session), one team shy of selling out! It always feels good to increase business and feel like you are earning your pay. Plus with holding only one session of camps with all 23 teams, our profit margin was larger.
Yay camps!
But even with the exciting progress we have made, there are always things that make me question why I am back in this crazy camp business. Some things, and some people will never change. And there are always those pain in the butt coaches who complain the WHOLE WEEK LONG about any and everything, and then tell me at check out they had a fabulous time at camp. Really? You did? Cause you would have never guessed based on all the whining you did. It seems like an oxymoron to have a high maintenance soccer coach, but they are out there! So even though after a long day when I feel like pulling my hair out...I realize that all the work is still worth the effort and the sacrifices I make.
Now if this wasn't a family business I might be singing another tune...but for now...
Hi Ho! Hi Ho!
It's home from work we go!
(whistles)
Hi ho, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho.
2 comments:
Sounds like a rough week but I'm sure your Dad appreciated all your hard work! I bet Finley and David are happy the week is over. When we talked to them on Sunday Fin said "Mama work" "Dada and Finley eat lunch" It was cute! They both missed you!
Sounds like camp was a success this year, but that you are glad it is over. I am impressed with how many years you have been ivolved with it.
Post a Comment