Do you have your own little elf helping you get your holiday chores done?
I do!
This past week we have been baking and making all sorts of fun sweets!
Our first project was making gingerbread houses with the Nelsons. Little did the Nelsons know that the Harris' use to have intense gingerbread house contests before Finley came along.
Finley must have inherited his decorating gene from me!
And maybe my sweet tooth too.
He had a blast putting things on 'our' house and then he began to eat it too.
I think the icing was what drew him in.
Here is our joint project. Complete with sidewalk, pool, and shrubs.
David was left to his own devices as he got to make a house all by himself.
I think he was a little too intense for the surrounding crowd.
He used his old famous technique of melting jolly ranchers to make glass windows.
But there is no denying his talent!
The finished project was a masterpiece.
And it is now being proudly displayed as the centerpiece of our dining room table.
I was also in charge of Finley's Christmas party at preschool this past week.
We put together goodie bags for his friends and made these reindeer or Rudolph cookies.
I think they turned out really cute and they were pretty easy to make.
We have been devouring sweets all week long now!
Finley expects to get something sweet after every meal.
He will be in for a rude awaking after the holidays are over.
Let's just hope that we don't develop any cavities!
4 comments:
I know, there is too much sweet stuff around right now. But, I decided to just live it up and enjoy until after Christmas, so eat away Finley! Ü
Those reindeer cookies are so cute!
Wait, you aren't supposed to have a sweet after ever meal? Oh blast, that must be why my little one loves her sweets as well as Finley does.
Wow... I am seriously impressed with David's house! And Finley's sweater and hat are adorable! Merry Christmas, friends!
mmmmm Sweets!!! The ginger bread houses were sooo cute! There is some real talent going on in the Harris home! David, you may get beat out of the table center piece spot next year! Love and Miss you guys!
Post a Comment