Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Fun!


I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! 
Our family has enjoyed doing lots of fun things for Easter over the past couple of weeks. 



Twelve days before Easter we started an Easter Egg count down that I found on pinterest. It was a great way to do a mini lesson as we followed the last week of the Savior's life and discussed why we celebrate Easter.
We did this instead of our normal scripture study and Finley loved opening an egg every night and seeing what item was inside.  



As Easter approached, we had to dye some Easter Eggs. 


Finley was excited to color on each egg with a crayon. 


And watch them change colors. 


Ta-dah! 
Now we just have to figure out what to do with all those hard boiled eggs! Any ideas? 


Our friends had an annual brunch and egg hunt at their house. 


It was fun to see how our group of friends has grown and how everyone is getting bigger! I think the kids out numbered the adults this year. 


Finley was super excited, until David left his side when the egg hunt began. 


Luckily he recovered quickly and began to find eggs high and low. 


Sometimes this boy is so cheeky. 


Our strategy this year was to bring a smaller basket so we wouldn't have so much candy around the house. 
This kid is candy crazy!
Several of our friends put stickers, squirt toys, and those dissolvable pills that turn into sponges into the eggs instead of candy. Loved these ideas!  



We had a blast! Thanks again Sherwoods!


Easter eve we set out a basket and some bunny treats to entice the Easter bunny to leave us some goodies. 
It worked! 


Easter Sunday we went to visit the Dorrance clan after church. We had a combination Easter celebration and my dad & uncle's birthdays!


Here's the crew minus David. 


Here's the crew minus me. And after we took all these shots, David figured out how to set the timer on the camera :). Oh well, next time we will get everyone in the shot together. 
Hoppy Easter!

2 comments:

MeganRuth said...

I love the countdown to Easter with the mini-lessons. I think I'll be stealing that idea. Thanks!

davendebbie said...

Have got to say, I still love Finley in the bunny ears!! He just looks so cute!