Saturday, September 8, 2012

Preschool

Just as Finley and I finished our "Letter of the Week" preschool program at home it was time for him to go back to school! 




Finley was really excited about moving up to the three year old class. The only problem was that he also thought he would be moving into Caroline's class and get to be with her. I don't think he understands that she will always be one year older than him and he can't catch up! 



During Finley's open house we met his new teachers and his classmates. He only has one returning classmate from his class last year! I was starting to get a little worried about this new transition. 


Another one of the changes for this year is that I no longer get to walk Finley into his classroom. 
We now wait in the car rider line and the teachers help him out of his car seat and escort him across the playground and into his classroom. 


I was really nervous about how this would go, but he did great on his first day! 
He got out, gave me a kiss, and didn't cry or even look  back! 





When I picked him up he had so much to tell me about his new class!
This kid is growing up way too fast.
I can't believe that in just two short years he will be going to kindergarten every day. 
Where does the time go? 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

He is just too cute!! Caroline has the same issue--thinking she'll "catch up" to her older friends. :)

carrie said...

There is no mistaking your ride is for Finley, with that bright big sign. Ü

Glad he is liking the new year and class.