Happy belated Halloween!
I feel like we have been celebrating this holiday for several weeks now,
but it sure has been fun.
We started off the month with a newer tradition of 'boo' ing a couple of our friends. We put together some craft/treat bags and delivered them. Finley had a lot of fun ringing door bells and running.
Finley decided to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. Luckily we had received the costume above a year ago as a hand me down and it still fit Fin. We just added the wings for fun. And of course they made Finley fly when he was wearing them.
David and I kept with the Toy Story theme and decided to be Mr. & Mrs. Potato head.
I was very happy with how our costumes turned out. I must admit I was more excited about our costumes than Finley's this year.
Grammie & Abuelo joined us for our annual ward Fall Festival/Chili Cook Off.
Here are all the kiddos in their costumes!
After the cook off we played some carnival games. Finley decided that instead of putting down his trick or treat bag to throw, he should just throw left handed.
He did a great job of pinning the bow tie on the ghostie.
And won some prizes!
He was a little reluctant about getting his face painted . . . until he found out he could choose a spider!
We conveniently asked for the spider to be place right on top of a nasty bruise on his cheek.
Pretty soon it was time to trunk or treat!
Finley had fun leading Grammie around the parking lot.
But by the end of the night it was time to take a break in our own trunk and dig in.
Just so you don't think we are crazy, we had some other friends that also went all out for Halloween.
Little red and the wolf.
A zoo keeper and her animals.
Contestants on the price is right!
For FHE this week we finally got down to business and carved our pumpkins.
This was our first time using some patterns for our pumpkins.
But they turned out great! David took on the easier pattern.
And I took on the challenge of carving Buzz Lightyear late into the night. I got lots of compliments on my pumpkin on Halloween from all the trick or treaters. One even asked if it was a real pumpkin because it looked so good.
The finished products!
Finley had a fun parade and Halloween hoot at preschool this week too.
It was freezing outside but the kids rushed by while I snapped a few photos of his class.
Finley also got to wear his costume to Ballet class this week.
He had lots of fun incorporating Halloween themes into dance class.
On Halloween night we decided to go the festive route and make some mummy hot dogs. The perfect snack before hitting the streets.
To Infinity and Beyond!
Finley waiting so patiently for dada to get home so we could go trick or treating.
Finley had so much fun racing from house to house. He was literally sprinting at the beginning to each and every house.
We definitely hit up a lot more houses this year than last.
This morning, or what I like to call the morning after, Finley immediately asked when it was going to be Halloween again. Oh this kid and candy! What am I going to do?
3 comments:
Very impressive pumpkin! We did mummy dogs too... it's fun to be festive even with dinner!
You are a pumpkin carving master!
You guys really did have a lot of Halloween parties! So fun!
I had so much fun reading about your month-long Halloween celebration! I wish I were your neighbor (both for the Boo basket and the Mummy hot dogs-- and for other reasons, of course!) Love, Linda
Post a Comment