Monday, September 8, 2014

Anniversary/Chapel Thrill


Last week David and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary! 


To commemorate such a momentous occasion we headed over to Fearrington Village where we had our wedding to show Finley around and have a picnic lunch. 


Not much has changed at Fearrington since we were married. 


And I think I like it that way. 


We showed Finley where we walked down the aisle and said 'I do.'


We explored the gardens. 



It was a beautiful day, but also getting very hot!


Finley recognized some of the places from our wedding photos. 


It is such a picturesque little place and we even talked about moving there. Some day . . . 



Of course the trip would not have been complete without visiting the baby goats.


And the Oreo cows! Aka Belties!



We ended up staying the night in CH because Donovan and Michelle came down for a surprise visit! 


Finley had a great time playing Legos with Donovan. 


And tickling Michelle. 


Mash and Deez came down to spend some extra time with our grandma Nani who is not doing well. 


A few weeks ago she was put on oxygen and now we are waiting to find out if she has lung cancer. There isn't much they can do for an 87 year old with cancer, so we are hoping that it is something else! Nani is being very brave and says if it is cancer she will just face it. I admire her courage and strength! The hard part is seeing her so down. 


We hoped that spending some time with our crazy family would cheer her up!



It is really hard for her to leave the house right now, so we will probably be making frequent visits to see her on the weekends. We love you Nani! 


And Happy Anniversary Babe! Nine years has come and gone really fast! We are doing something very grand next year when we celebrate our 10th anniversay right? 

3 comments:

MeganRuth said...

I can't believe it's been 9 years. Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear about your gma. She seems like a feisty, fun, and courageous lady.

Andrea said...

Fearrington Village is gorgeous. What a fun way to celebrate.

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Hugs.

carrie said...

What a beautiful place!

Sorry about your Nani! I'll bet she loved having you all there!