Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Everything is Awesome!


A few days before Halloween Finley was finally feeling better and up for picking out our pumpkins. 



Poor little man was sick the weekend before and we had to miss our church's trunk or treat. But we would not miss Halloween! 




We went on over to Finley's old preschool to pick out our pumpkins. They had some fun little photo spots. We measured the boys to see how much they had grown! 




And also took some silly cut out photos. 



The next night we made some festive treats! I found this cute idea for turning Rice Krispie treats into pumpkins. 




Next up it was time to carve up our pumpkins! 




Each year we try to do at least one pumpkin that goes with our costumes. 




This year both our pumpkins did! 




We had Wolverine to match Finley's costume (carved by David) and a Lego head to go with our Lego Movie costumes that I carved. 




I think they both turned out great! But of course David insisted that his was better than mine. 





Here is our little Wolverine! I wish I would have known Finley was going to go with this before I started on our costumes. We could have all been X-men! Finley originally planned on being a power ranger (again) despite all my efforts to get him to be a character from the Lego movie. When we went to go buy his costume he saw that Wolverine came with claws and he got really excited about that and changed his mind! Oh well, I guess we can't match every year! 





David and I dressed up as Emmet and Wyldstyle from the Lego Movie. I had a lot of fun painting my costume. 




And we spent a lot of money on David's costume. 




I am pretty sure we are going to wear these costumes for the next five years to make sure we get our money's worth! 




Emmet's costume wouldn't be complete without the piece of resistance! 




And to add some extra fun/stress to Halloween David found out his SC bar results at 4 pm that day. Luckily he passed so we enjoyed celebrating that night! 




Everything really is awesome! 




We celebrated David's success by having some friends over for dinner and trick or treating. 




Ah, there is that Batman I was trying to get Finley to dress up as! 





We had a wonderful and fun filled Halloween! 




Lots of treats and no tricks! Happy Halloween! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Your pumpkins look awesome. And I LOVE the Lego movie costumes!