Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas Eve


Our Christmas Eve tradition is to have a fancy family dinner, normally spent in CH, with all of my extended relatives and David's parents who come into town. With Nani's passing this year, all of my Aunts and Uncles decided not to come to CH for Christmas. While I can't blame them because I know it would have been extremely hard, it made for a much smaller crowd and we missed seeing everyone. 


To shake things up a bit David and I decided to host Christmas Eve dinner. We spent over $75 on beef tenderloin and since we couldn't agree on how to prepare it, or the sauce, we made it two different ways and with two different sauces! I was really worried about over cooking the beef and ruining it, especially since it cost so much! Luckily they both turned out delicious, although of course I think mine was better :). 


Poor Finley man was at his worst this night as his temperature sky rocketed and I had to run to the store for some serious medicine. Luckily after the meds kicked in he started moving around a bit and talking again. This poor guy was sick for an entire week! Earlier in the day Finley made these adorable place cards for our dinner. Each one has a symbol that represents the person. Mimi's might be the funniest. It looks like a person dancing, but is actually Hannah my parents dog! 


Now he is perking up! 


After dinner my mom had brought over this picture book called Angela and the Baby Jesus. The book is written by Frank McCourt (author of Angela's Ashes). The book was absolutely hilarious (especially since Michelle read it in her Irish accent) but also really sweet. 


We enjoyed listening to the story and then eating some delicious trifle! 


Although some of us feel asleep during the story. . . 


After a delicious dinner it was time to say good night. 


We put out some cookies and veggies for Santa and his reindeer, 


made sure our stockings were hung, and headed off to bed (well after we did some major wrapping). We went to bed hoping and praying our little man would be feeling better in the morning. I feel like he is always sick on Christmas. Poor little guy. 


No comments: