We we have been hit three times in the last two weeks! This last one was our biggest snowstorm yet.
When we woke up on Thursday morning we had a good 4 - 5 inches of snow on the ground.
And this was the good stuff. Great for packing snowmen and making snowballs!
Of course everything shuts down in NC, so David got to spend the day with us! Yay!
We were lucky that we didn't lose power, despite the heavy snow making several of our trees bend over.
This kid can't get enough of snow days. It is going to be hard going back to school for a full week after all of these missed days.
My favorite thing when it snows are the beautiful branches on the bare trees. I just love the way they look.
The blanket of white makes everything look so beautiful!
Check out this big snowball Finley wanted to throw at me. Um, no!
And because the snow was easy to pack and roll David, Finley, and a neighbor friend Payton made us a 6 ft tall snowman! The middle part of the snowman was so heavy we couldn't pick it up and place it on the base, we had to roll it up the base!
It is the biggest snowman we have ever built and it was totally cracking me up. For the next several days when I caught a glimpse of it from inside the house it always startled me and then made me laugh. It was huge! Unfortunately it only lasted a few days before falling over. I guess it was too heavy.
In the afternoon we headed back to the big hill, but it was already pretty crowded there and starting to get slushy/muddy.
We fordged our own path which lead right to the creek.
Finley wanted to ride in the back to avoid the possibility of going into the creek. Smart boy.
Well, we have had several good snow days and missed 7 days of school! I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring!
2 comments:
Such beautiful pictures! I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow and so dearly miss it. I'm glad ya'll had fun. Your snowman is pretty impressive. I love that it startled you when you were inside. That's so great!
That snowman is amazing!! But, yes, I"m with you...ready for spring.
Post a Comment