Saturday, April 11, 2015

Easter


I really feel like Easter snuck up on us this year. Last year Easter wasn't until almost the end of the month, and this year it was the first Sunday in April. I ended up being one of those last minute shoppers to get everything done and ready! Not so much fun. This year for the first time we went to our neighborhood breakfast and Easter egg hunt since we missed our church one due to a soccer game. 


Unforunately it was super cold that morning. They had two age group hunts and Finley was in the older group. 


There were only about ten kids in the older group and several hundred eggs! 


Needless to say Finley filled his basket at least twice! 


Because every one's baskets were filling up so fast, the kids started opening the eggs and dumping just the candy into their baskets because they ran out of room for the eggs! 


Easter morning was also conference Sunday so we got to have a leisurely morning doing our family egg hunt. 


Finley found 40 eggs that the Easter Bunny had hidden for him! 



The Easter Bunny tried to make things a little more difficult this year so Finley ended up needing some help from mom and dad. 


We found them all (thank goodness because the ants seem to like our house this year). 


Of course there is always one golden 'money' egg.


Again, being a bit behind on Easter we didn't dye our eggs until that day. 


We used a new kit that came with mini paint rollers. It was fun and different, but the colors kept melting into each other. 


That night while watching conference we had a low key Easter meal with just the three of us. I really enjoyed this laid back Easter and not doing too much on Easter but getting to spend time together and watch conference and focus on the Savior. We hope you had a happy Easter too! 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe the neighborhood hunt had such low attendance! I should have taken my girls! The last time we went to a community hunt, it was packed and awful, so I haven't tried one since. Maybe C and Finley can go together next year.

MeganRuth said...

I think the melded colors on the eggs looks kinda cool.