Sunday, September 20, 2015

Seize the Day!


Earlier this summer David and I were treated with a gift from Mimi to go and see the Broadway musical of Newsies. After seeing the show Finley kept asking and asking us about it, so I finally decided to let him watch the Disney movie. I thought it might be a little boring for him, but he loved it! And thus began his Newsies obsession.


 
 Late in the summer when we learned there was going to be a ward talent show Finley decided he wanted to sing a Newsies song. Knowing his singing capabilities, I convinced him to dance and sing along to the song instead. He also asked David to be in the dance too as "Davey" from the movie. Of course he would be "Les" :).


David agreed in the hopes that Finley would forget all about it, but of course he didn't! So a month or so ago I started choreographing and having the boys rehearse for our talent show number. This past weekend it was finally time for the show! Finley was very excited and just a little bit nervous. Here is what went down: 


 I was really proud of them both! David for being brave enough to do a dance routine in front of our whole ward and Finley for not making a single mistake!



I bought Finley some of his favorite flowers to congratulate him on his wonderful performance. And now he is already talking about what song to dance to at next year's talent show. So stay limber David!

No comments: