Sunday, September 4, 2016

2nd Grader


Alas summer has come to an end! While we are sad to not get to enjoy our carefree summer days together, Finley is super excited about his new teacher and being a second grader. 


Finley hopes to learn multiplication this school year, which we already started working on over the summer. He is looking forward to doing lots of math, science, and reading. His favorite part of the school day is recess and his favorite special is PE. 


Finley's teacher this year is Ms. Van Ryen. She is super sweet and new to the school. We have gotten daily updates and emails from her the first week of school. She seems like she has lots of energy and wants to make learning fun for her students. We love her already!


While I am going to miss hanging out with this guy all day, I myself have been back at school for two weeks now! Some days I feel like I've got this and others not so much. I am Hoping I can do well this semester with my two classes and keep up with all the school work!


I am also looking forward to getting to have lunch with David and Finley this school year and spending more time in his school classroom and library. Finley has a couple of his buddies in his class and has been enjoying seeing his other friends during recess. 


We lucked out and one of Finley's little buddies from kindergarten is in his class! 


Finley is ready to meet any challenge that is thrown at him this year. 
Let's hope this energy and excited doesn't fade! 


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hoping for a great year for both of you!!