A couple of weeks ago David approached me about possibly tagging along on a work trip he had to make to Hilton Head Island, SC. At first we toyed with the idea of bringing the whole crew...but then when we realized it was such a long drive we decided to finally take my mom up on her offer to have a little getaway just the two of us!
David had to be down there for a site inspection Friday morning so we headed down Thursday late afternoon.
I hate driving! It was long and painful but we eventually got there. The first night was uneventful and David's site inspection was at 7:30 am Friday morning.
Once he was done, we headed over to a much nicer resort to check in early and enjoy the amenities.
We ate a delicious meal outside by the pool. (I got fried green tomatoes)
And then went for a long walk on the beach.
The water was freezing!
But we enjoyed finding creatures and even a whole sand dollar! My first ever!
More hermit crabs!
The weather was warm and pleasant and of course I got sunburned because I didn't think to put on sun screen for the walk.
This was the view from our hotel room.
After our beach time we headed out to the pool. I forced myself to work on some school stuff.
And we enjoyed the warm sun and no kids to entertain!
That night I had booked us a reservation at a fancy restaurant with outdoor seating. Mainly so I could wear my favorite dress.
This trip was our first time eating "in" a restaurant in over a year. The outdoor tables felt a little close to one another, but we hoped we were safe enough! I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to enjoy a meal without a child on your lap!
Our final morning we slept in and went for another walk on the beach. We were hoping to get to play some tennis together, but I really hurt my back two days before and could barely twist without being in pain. Luckily a few days later it was finally better!
We can't thank my mom and Donovan enough for taking care of everyone while we were out of town! Those 48 hours away were so nice and needed! I think we need to do this at least every six months. And hopefully it will only get easier on everyone!
1 comment:
I'm heading to Hilton Head for the first time at the end of May! It looks gorgeous. I love the shells that you found. I think that sea creature you found is a whelk. Whitney found me a 95% whole sand dollar when we were at Topsail! I feel like you never find those around here. So happy you and David could have a getaway! They are SO wonderful, especially when you have young kids.
Post a Comment