Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Charleston, SC


A couple of weekends ago David and I went to Charleston, SC. We had so much fun! We love Charleston. There is so much to see and do there and the weather was beautiful. We went down for Beth & Sean's wedding. I have known Beth since I was in the crib and we have been close ever since. I am so excited that they are finally married! They dated for like 8 or 9 years so this was a long time coming!

This is me and Beth. Doesn't she look beautiful! The wedding was amazing. Very small and intimate at an old rice mill. The ceremony was on the water on Friday morning and then the reception was a brunch. The food was so yummy!

This is where they had the rehearsal dinner the night before. It is an old plantation in Mount Pleasant called Boone Hall Plantation. The grounds were beautiful and we got to walk around and explore before we ate. The house above is surrounded by beautiful gardens and even a butterfly house!


David loves these trees. Aren't they cool? They lined the drive in and out! While we were in Charleston we stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast! It was so cute. It was very close to downtown Charleston which was great so we could walk to nice restaurants, shopping, and the open air market! We had lots of fun exploring downtown and looking at all the really nice houses.


The only thing David didn't like about the B & B was the food. They had quiche one morning, which he hates, and then sausage pie the next, which was basically quiche with sausage in it! Poor David. I loved the food though. It was nice being waited on in the morning! This is the porch of the B & B. The weather was great, but unfortunately we didn't have time to sit out here too much.


After the wedding festivities were over David and I decided to stay a day longer so that we could enjoy more of Charleston. On Saturday we got up early and went to the SC Aquarium. I love the aquarium (and the zoo). Here is David being silly next to a frog statue.


Look at these awesome jellyfish! David did a great job capturing these on film. I really wanted to get shots of the sharks and other cool fish, but it was hard taking pictures through the glass. While we were there we even got to see some animals in the big tank being fed! They had guys in scuba gear in their feeding the fish. Way cool. I would love to have that job.


Here are some cute turtles. I think they are albino or something cause they were almost white! At the aquarium they also have one of those cool touch and learn tanks. I chickened out and wouldn't touch anything, but David held some water creatures (I would tell you which ones, but I honestly don't know what they are called!).






David and I had such a wonderful time down in Charleston. If Beth and Sean stay down there after Sean graduates from law school, we plan to visit again next spring. Maybe during the tennis tournament they have down there in April. Congrats Beth and Sean and thanks for including us in your special day! We love you both and are so happy for you guys.

5 comments:

andrea said...

We've never been to Charleston, but you did a great job marketing it. Sounds like a place we need to visit. I'm like David--I LOVE those trees that line that path. Beautiful.

Greg and Nicolle said...

So is David trying to tell us something with his frog picture? Here are my top 3 interpretations of David and the Frog.
1. The frog is green, and David is green with envy about something, and my guess would be the University of Florida, because they won back to back championships in basketball and UNC blew a 15 point lead.
2. The frog is green, and David is new as a lawyer and has been referred to by the partners in his firm to be “Green” or new.
3. The frog hops. David is Hopping mad, because of answer # 1

That is my guess


Greg

shelley said...

Greg is too clever for his own good sometimes. But I must say, it's great to be a Florida Gator! Good pics of Charleston. I love the jellyfish as well.

David said...

Wow! I am very impressed by my wife's technological prowess. The blog looks great!

On another note, I'm sorry to inform Greg that he went 0 for 3 on interpreting the picture of me with the frog. I would reveal the true meaning behind the picture, but it's more fun reading the guesses.

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!!

jax from the harmon squad said...

Charleston sounds awesome... I hope to make it there someday (I hear the architecture is awesome). The plantation is BEAUTIFUL- is it the one that was in The Notebook? (the movie, not the book)