
Well, as many of you know today is my birthday. YAY! I turned 25 today! Can you believe it? I am starting to feel a old already! I mean 25 is a quarter of a century. But anyways...I decided that I needed a boost (because things have been hectic, rough, and sometimes down right depressing at work lately). At first I thought about shaving my head. I have always wanted to, but someone advised me that my head might not be shaped best for it. And once you do it, there is no going back! Something also tells me I wouldn't look nearly as hot as Natalie Portman did when she shaved hers. So...I was trying to think of something else to lift my spirits. Give me a boost. Make me smile. So a friend gave me the idea to come up with a list of 25 things that I love and am thankful for. So here it is in no particular order:
1) David. I have the most wonderful and amazing husband. He is so smart, funny, and takes very good care of me. You are an amazing lawyer and very crafty too :). I love spending time with you. I love you!
2) Being healthy. I am always grateful when I don't pass out after our morning run!
3) My church. It keeps me grounded, lifts my spirit, and guides me to live a happier life.
4) My friends. To old friends - my get em girls, soccer friends - tea parties, and new church friends in the boro!
5) Food - tacos, burritos, guac, pan fried dumplings, corn dogs, rice crispies, fried rice, pasta, and more!
6) Michelle - my amazing tap dancing sister. The best white girl tapper around! Every time I see you dance you get better and better. You make me proud girl! I love you!
7) Donovan - I am amazed at what a sweet boy you are even though you are going through your teen years. You are too cute and I know that is why you are such a ladies man. I love you!
8) Mom - You are so caring and spoil us all! And an amazing choreographer. What would we do without you? I love you!
9) Dad - What can I say? Worlds best women's soccer coach or what? I love you and what you are doing for soccer. You make me so proud and I love throwing your name around. Yes you are still famous!
10) The Nani - aka my grandmother. What an amazing artist! I love telling people that every painting in our house is done by my Nani. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
11) Hannah banana! Who knew I would start liking dogs when my family broke down and got one. She always greets me with a wagging tail and smile and cheers me right up. I love playing with you Hannah!
12) Pick up soccer on Saturdays. Fun with friends and very entertaining. You never know what is about to go down.
13) My primary class. I love teaching my 6 year olds! They are so cute and smart. I love to get their take on gospel issues and it is amazing how much they are growing and learning.
14) Babies! Since I don't have my own yet I get to spoil and play with those around me. Clara, Shaelyn, Addie, Max, and Gabriella. You always amaze me and make me smile!
15) Tap Dancing! I love driving back to Chapel Thrill to take a tap class every now and then. It always makes me happy to take class from Gene and see Aimee and E. So much fun!
16) Watching the Tar Heels play. Whether it is soccer, basketball, or even baseball. Gotta love my heels.
17) TV! I know I know. I watch way too much. But my shows make me happy! Lost (thanks to the Aagards), 24, The Office, SYTYCDDR, Greys, Amazing Race, CSI, Criminal Minds, Boston Legal, American Idol, and even Big Brother!
18) Picnics. I love going on a picnic with David in the park.
19) House projects. Not. But I do love my house! And I am usually very happy after we finish a project, just not while we are doing it. Luckily David is a go getter otherwise nothing would ever get done!
20) The Beach! Our family beach week is the best vacation ever. We go to topsail island and hang out, play golf, and pick up soccer on the beach. I look forward to it every year.
21) Massages! Especially when I win them by beating David in a game of Russian Bank! Ha ha ha. But seriously he gives good massages.
22) Someone playing with, washing, and massaging my head. I know it sounds strange, but I love going to get my hair cut! They do a good job too.
23) Pedicures! I have only had a few in my lifetime, but each one I get spoils me to the core! And it is just fun to have pink toenails. I know...a bit girly even for me.
24) Taking a tap class from my sister. I love when she comes down for the NC tap festival and teaches so I can take from her. She is amazing and I can barely keep up!
25) Music! It has been the only thing to get me through these rough weeks at work. I just put on my headphones and get into the zone. A song can completely change my mood. Just like that. And kudos to Michelle for my awesome and wide variety of music.
Wow 25 already? That went fast. Okay I am definitely in a better mood now. And just in time for my birthday! But seriously I truly am blessed and I am so grateful for the amazing things and people in my life. God Bless you all!
1) David. I have the most wonderful and amazing husband. He is so smart, funny, and takes very good care of me. You are an amazing lawyer and very crafty too :). I love spending time with you. I love you!
2) Being healthy. I am always grateful when I don't pass out after our morning run!
3) My church. It keeps me grounded, lifts my spirit, and guides me to live a happier life.
4) My friends. To old friends - my get em girls, soccer friends - tea parties, and new church friends in the boro!
5) Food - tacos, burritos, guac, pan fried dumplings, corn dogs, rice crispies, fried rice, pasta, and more!
6) Michelle - my amazing tap dancing sister. The best white girl tapper around! Every time I see you dance you get better and better. You make me proud girl! I love you!
7) Donovan - I am amazed at what a sweet boy you are even though you are going through your teen years. You are too cute and I know that is why you are such a ladies man. I love you!
8) Mom - You are so caring and spoil us all! And an amazing choreographer. What would we do without you? I love you!
9) Dad - What can I say? Worlds best women's soccer coach or what? I love you and what you are doing for soccer. You make me so proud and I love throwing your name around. Yes you are still famous!
10) The Nani - aka my grandmother. What an amazing artist! I love telling people that every painting in our house is done by my Nani. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.
11) Hannah banana! Who knew I would start liking dogs when my family broke down and got one. She always greets me with a wagging tail and smile and cheers me right up. I love playing with you Hannah!
12) Pick up soccer on Saturdays. Fun with friends and very entertaining. You never know what is about to go down.
13) My primary class. I love teaching my 6 year olds! They are so cute and smart. I love to get their take on gospel issues and it is amazing how much they are growing and learning.
14) Babies! Since I don't have my own yet I get to spoil and play with those around me. Clara, Shaelyn, Addie, Max, and Gabriella. You always amaze me and make me smile!
15) Tap Dancing! I love driving back to Chapel Thrill to take a tap class every now and then. It always makes me happy to take class from Gene and see Aimee and E. So much fun!
16) Watching the Tar Heels play. Whether it is soccer, basketball, or even baseball. Gotta love my heels.
17) TV! I know I know. I watch way too much. But my shows make me happy! Lost (thanks to the Aagards), 24, The Office, SYTYCDDR, Greys, Amazing Race, CSI, Criminal Minds, Boston Legal, American Idol, and even Big Brother!
18) Picnics. I love going on a picnic with David in the park.
19) House projects. Not. But I do love my house! And I am usually very happy after we finish a project, just not while we are doing it. Luckily David is a go getter otherwise nothing would ever get done!
20) The Beach! Our family beach week is the best vacation ever. We go to topsail island and hang out, play golf, and pick up soccer on the beach. I look forward to it every year.
21) Massages! Especially when I win them by beating David in a game of Russian Bank! Ha ha ha. But seriously he gives good massages.
22) Someone playing with, washing, and massaging my head. I know it sounds strange, but I love going to get my hair cut! They do a good job too.
23) Pedicures! I have only had a few in my lifetime, but each one I get spoils me to the core! And it is just fun to have pink toenails. I know...a bit girly even for me.
24) Taking a tap class from my sister. I love when she comes down for the NC tap festival and teaches so I can take from her. She is amazing and I can barely keep up!
25) Music! It has been the only thing to get me through these rough weeks at work. I just put on my headphones and get into the zone. A song can completely change my mood. Just like that. And kudos to Michelle for my awesome and wide variety of music.
Wow 25 already? That went fast. Okay I am definitely in a better mood now. And just in time for my birthday! But seriously I truly am blessed and I am so grateful for the amazing things and people in my life. God Bless you all!
5 comments:
Your trifle (is that how you spell it?) was awesome and so was your party. Happy Birthday again, and I hope you liked my present best. I know you did. :)
What an uplifting post, Natalie. Thanks for sharing. Glad we could celebrate with you...twice!
Don't forget that you can get a break in your car insurance now, and also that you can rent cars for a cheaper rate. YAY!!! Welcome to the big 25. Your party was awesome btw!!! : )
We hope you had a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY!!!!! Wish we could have been there to share your special day with you! 25 is a GREAT age!!!! You start to see life in a very different way. From what I can remember-- that was OVER 25 YEARS ago for me! You are very special and we are vey happy that you are part of our crazy family!!
Love,
Dave and Debbie
I will be endlessly amused that you sis, bro, ma and pa rank after tacos.
Happy Birthday!!! (belatedly.)
Post a Comment