
David and I have recently started a quote book. My sister Michelle came up with the brillant idea of compiling various quotes and keeping them in a book so that you can find inspiration at a moments notice. She gave my father, who loves quoting things from movies, famous people, books, etc, a quote book for Christmas with some of his favorite quotes already inserted. Now he just updates it when he reads, hears, or sees something he could later use for motivation for his team. Here are a few quotes that have already made it into my book:
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
- Jack Kerouac, On the Road
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
- Teddy Roosevelt
“The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.”
- Anson Dorrance, Vision of a Champion
Now it is time to hear from you! Let me know if you have any favorite quotes, movies lines, etc that would be worthy to include in a quote book!
8 comments:
I love the quote..."Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Falling, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" - Confucius
I think a quote book is such a neat idea!
From the War Movie "Midway"
Captain Garth: That's one word in ten, Joe! You're *guessing*!
Commander Rochefort: We like to call it "analysis."
That just discribed my last 5 years of employment.
Greg
Love the idea of a quote book. I just have a Word document that I've never printed with some of my favorites. Here are a couple:
"I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you."
--Roy Croft
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
--Cherokee Expression
The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. E E Cummings
Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
~ Muhammad Ali
Oooo I like all of these. Thanks guys I will be including them in my book!
What a great idea!!! Smart sister you have there!! I'll have to think of a quote for your book! Once the morning fog in my head clears! : )
Dave and Debbie
I just thought of a quote for your book . . .
"You complete me."
- David Harris (speaking about . . . ?)
See, I totally should be in your quote book by now!
All right, I'll stop being unfunny. So, I have also started a quote book. My favorite quote in my book so far is:
"To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation."
- Yan Martel, Life of Pi (discussing his frustration with agnostics)
"You're just as pretty as any other girl in Greensboro, you just need a nose job."
Post a Comment