Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Regina


The night before David and I headed to Florida for Thanksgiving we attended a Regina Spektor concert with my parents, brother, and some friends. The show was amazing and we had so much fun! This was my second time getting to see Regina perform and I was so excited to be going to a concert. It has been years since I had attended a real concert so I was pumped.

The first time I saw her was several years ago, before she was popular, in a small coffee shop with about ten people listening (I must credit Michelle, my sister, for introducing me to her and taking me to her show even though at the time I was not appreciative of her odd lyrics). At the end of the show, she thanked us for coming and passed around a basket for tips since it didn't cost anything to see her.

It is so crazy how much she has blown up since I first saw her. The concert was performed on Duke's campus (I know, I know but we must get past that, besides the people of Duke, as Regina called them, were very polite concert folk to be around). It was a packed house, and in fact the show sold out in one day!



Even though we were a little tired by the end of the night, the show was fantastic and it was great to see such an incredible performance. Regina is so fun to watch because she comes off as shy, but very humble, and thanks you for clapping after every song.

Below are clips of two of my favorite songs by Regina. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!








And I can't end this post without commenting on her opening act Only Son. He is hilarious and his comedic act mid performance was more entertaining than his music. Here is a link to a clip where he was entertaining the audience during a break in the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhKy-ah1EKE

Just a warning that this clip contains bad language and some inappropriate content, so Mo's beware!

5 comments:

andrea said...

I've never heard of Regina, but those were very catchy songs. I can see why you like her so much. Thanks for sharing!

Carrie said...

How fun that you got to go to the concert! Her music is awesome.
~Carrie

Tami said...

Thank you for sharing. I think I would have liked the concert. I will have to keep an eye out if she ever comes to Louisiana... somehow I doubt it.

David said...

Yeah . . . the concert was great! I only fell asleep twice! Just ask Natalie. But in all seriousness . . . the concert was really good. I'm so impressed by Regina's talent and unique songs!

davendebbie said...

Dave and I really enjoyed listening to her CD while you guys were here over Thanksgiving. We'll have to watch for her here in Ft. Lauderdale--- Sorry Tami, but I think you are right-- not sure she will make it to Boyce! You will have to visit Natalie and David in NC!