You never really know everything about a person before you marry them. One surprise that I have recently learned about David is that he loves to garden. Maybe he has always wanted a garden to care for and nourish, or maybe this is a new phase that he is going through...either way, I am happy to enjoy the fruits of his labor and not have to do any of the work!
David has built a small garden behind our house. He planted tomatoes (pictured above), cucumbers (pictured below...I think), bell peppers, zucchini, pumpkins, watermelons, a raspberry bush, and two blueberry bushes.
I must say I am surprised to see things growing! I am always skeptical of David's new 'projects' and I didn't think the plants would get enough sunlight to grow. But I am glad to see David prove me wrong again!
By the end of our pickin' this is what we came up with. A few scrumptious morsels of delicious fruit. Very tasty, but there goes the idea of saving money by living off of our garden! Although David did tell me this morning that even more berries had turned since we picked this bunch the other day, so there is still hope. I do love my husband, the constant gardener.
7 comments:
your garden looks great! mmm...yummy...
David is just like Greg! Our garden is Greg's baby, and sometimes I think he spends more time with it than me :-) It's really fun to enjoy the "fruits of your labour", so to speak.
The garden looks great. Gram would be proud! Better watch out if Gabi gets close enough to get a bite. She LOVES blueberries. As a matter of fact the other day I discovered while changing her diaper that her poop was a bright blue color. She is a blueberry fanatic.
WOW!!! That is a great talent and interest to have. Looks great!
Nice work David. Duffy and I have big plans of one day having a garden. We start little with two pots of tomatoes!
P.S. - I got to see Michelle in Carrboro at the Arts Center. She is so fun to watch. I hoped you and David would be there, but your mom told me you were away for David's work. Take care!
What a great looking garden. Yum! I love raspberries! I am sure it will be bountiful garden by the end of summer. Nice Job!
I guess David inherited Gram and Nana's green thumbs! Nana loved house plants and Gram never let a space go without a plant outside. Mostly berries and veggies!! We are looking forward to a tasting!! : )
Post a Comment