Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Fun Fourth


For the 4Th of July weekend David and I had some visitors from South Carolina. My old roommate from college and childhood friend Beth and her husband Sean came up for the long weekend. While they were here we visited our friends at soccer camp since they were in town running team camps. We kidnapped some of their kids on Friday and took them to the Natural Science Center in Greensboro. Below are the pictures from our fun filled day!





The best part about the Natural Science Center was their outdoor zoo area. They had plenty of fun animals to look at up close and personal! When you don't feel like driving all the way to Asheboro for the NC zoo I recommend a trip here. You can see animals without the long drive and all the walking. They also had some more hands on exhibits inside. One volunteer even offered to take the snakes out of their cages for us to pet and hold, but I quickly told her not to bring it up to the kids. Yikes! I hate snakes!

It was loads of fun to see Beth and Sean and catch up with our soccer camp friends. I do miss the people part of camps, but not all the stress. It was nice to be on the outside looking in for once.

And in other news...

After 1.5 years of looking for a dining room table we finally got one! And it only took us 2 weeks to pick out chairs once it got here. Woo Hoo! Now I really feel like a grown up with a formal dining room. Here are some before and after pictures:

Before...



Sean and David putting together the chairs...



And after!!!


It was hard to get a great shot of the whole room, but you get the idea. David and I are so excited that when we have people over for dinner now we won't have to all cram around our small kitchen table. With David's parents moving to the area in August we will be able to have the whole family around the table for special occasions and holidays. Happy day and happy 4Th! Now time to plan some dinner parties!

7 comments:

carrie said...

i love it! the chairs look great with the table. and i am impressed it only took two weeks. i have to admit, i thought it was going to take much longer. Ü

can't wait for a dinner party!

Vlazny's said...

What a fun Weekend! I love your table. It looks awesome in your dining room. I love the blue. Where is the Natural Science Center? I need to take Caden there. I dont really want to drive to Asheboro.

You and David are so creative and exciting!

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

WOW! That is a long time to wait but I am sure it was worth it...sometimes it takes that long to find something you love. It took me 5 years to find a black & gray skirt long enough for my liking. It looks great! It is fun to decorate.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Love the table...very stylish.

Unknown said...

wow! that looks great. we want to get a black dining room table too, only square. I love your room. It looks great, Natalie!

andrea said...

You have great taste, Natalie. Must have been worth the wait. We'll looking forward to our dinner invitation in the near future. :)

Totally kidding. It's our turn to have you guys over.

davendebbie said...

What beautiful table!!! The chairs look great with it!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!