Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I always appreciated my mother, and other mothers, before now for all that they did, but I realize now that I never really got it. Being a new mother myself I have an even deeper appreciation and understanding for all that they do! All the time that goes into feeding, the lack of sleep, the worry, the prayers, etc. I never knew what it all really meant until now. It is so much work and a completely new state of being. So thank you mom for bringing me into this world and taking care of me! And thank you to all the other moms out there for all that they do as well. You are all saints!

For my first mother's day we had David's parents, my parents, my brother, uncle Pete, and Nani over for a cookout. It was a lot of fun and thank goodness we had nice weather.


We took some family photos to mark the event!


And Finley got to meet his Uncle Donovan for the first time.




Here is David cooking up a storm! Thanks baby!



And we made Nani a great grandma for the first time!



Here are some other bonus pictures of Finley from this past week. Enjoy!






Thank you David and Finley for making my first mother's day so special! I love you both more than you could imagine and I am so happy to be a mom! It is definitely the most important thing I will do in my life and Finley is such a blessing. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful, healthy, and great baby boy.


10 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Finley is so cute! Isn't it amazing that every person on this earth is here because of their mother?

Sawyers Family said...

He is so darn cute! And you look great! I told Kevin you look like you didn't even have a baby! I am so jealous!

andrea said...

Yay! More Finley pics! He is TOOO cute, Natalie.

I'm glad it was a good Mother's Day for ya.

Crystal and Brad Barger said...

It is amazing how perspective changes once you have a baby of your own, isn't it?

carrie said...

i'm glad your first mother's day was a success!

David said...

All right. I know I probably shouldn't be posting to my own blog . . . but I love the picture of little Fin chillin' with his stuffed animal friends. I keep going to the Blog during work to look at that picture . . . too much! He looks so serious but adorable at the same time.

Tami said...

I can't believe how much he is starting to resemble me!

Rachael said...

You all look amazing! Especially Finley. He is such a cutie! Happy Mother's Day Natalie. You look like a pro!

Jaymi & Roger LaGuardia said...

Finley is so cute and you look great!

shelley said...

happy mother's day (late) to you! my first mother's day was a real milestone for me. so welcome to the club! :)

finley totally looks like a dorrance. i think he looks just like your sister michelle in the second picture. adorable!