Right after Finley turned 6 months old we started him on 'solid' foods. As with most parents we started out giving him some rice cereal. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to really take to it and it mostly just dribbled out of his mouth.
The week after that we tried some bananas hoping that the sweet flavor would entice him to really throw it back. Not so much. It too dribbled out of his mouth.

I was just starting to think I would be breastfeeding Finley until the end of time when he finally took to some....and that something was Avocados!

Avocados are one of my favorite foods too! Like mother, like son. And although Finley is not gobbling it down completely, we are having less of it dribble out of his mouth, and more of it swallowed and going to his tummy. He actually opens up his mouth for it. Yay!

And the other major breakthrough is that Finley has sprouted his first tooth! We are seeing less of a happy baby and more of a fussy baby as he is officially teething. Quite often he makes a 'stank' face because his tooth is hurting or itching him.

And this was my best attempt to capture the tooth on film. I know. It is all blurry. But It is hard to get him to open up to get a picture of it! The only time I can really see it is when he is crying or laughing. The razor sharp tooth is on his lower gums to the left of center.

And for your enjoyment some bonus pictures of our little man taken by our friends Angel & Sarah when they came to visit a few weeks ago:



Stayed tuned in for updates about our Thanksgiving trip to Salt Lake City and Finley creeping backwards!
4 comments:
I love that stank face! And I'm so glad Finley is eating! We're making some great potty training progress over here... Clara has finally given in and is now using the potty consistently for pee AND poop. Hooray for breakthroughs!
That's so funny that his first "food" was avocados. Good choice!
I love his stank face, too! I'm glad he's eating solid foods...I used to have to put the spoon towards the back of Maylee's mouth, so she wouldn't push it back out. I'm glad he love avocados, too! They're super yummy!
Good news on the eating!
And I forgot we are going to be out in UT at the same time! I am getting very ready to take a break and get out there.
Post a Comment