Monday, February 1, 2010

You've Got Mail!


















This past weekend we were snowed in!
I am not sure exactly how much snow we got...but it sure did look like a lot. Maybe 6 inches? We ended up with so much snow and ice on the ground that we weren't able to go to church on Sunday. It was cancelled. So since we had some extra time on our hands I decided we should go ahead and do our Family Home Evening lesson that was planned for Monday.
Since it is February our lesson was on LOVE.
The love
Heavenly Father & Jesus has for us, how we know they love us, what we can do to show them we love them, and how we can show love for those around us. At the end of our lesson it was time to put what we learned into action. This week's focus is showing love for our family.
I got these adorable miniature mailboxes at Target and we decorated them so each person in the family can receive mail.
Finley was feeling a little under the weather thus the lack of enthusiasm.
The mail we would be receiving involved writing out notes on little hearts detailing:
a) a reason we love that person
b) expressing gratitude for something they have done
or c) telling them why they are so special to you.
I don't know about you...but I think they turned out pretty darn cute!






I think this was Finley's first official craft!
He needed a lot of help, but it was fun decorating his mailbox for him.
I hope you are showing lots of extra LOVE this month too!

5 comments:

Sawyers Family said...

That has to be the CUTEST idea I have ever seen! I think Finley's craft turned out really well. I should totally do something like this with my kids. Can I steal your idea?

Natalie said...

I must confess...I stole the idea from Andrea: http://sweatfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2008/02/love-notes.html.

andrea said...

Thanks for the reminder! I need to pull out our mailboxes. :)

Kathryn Palmer said...

Love the mailboxes! What a fun idea. Might have to steal that idea too!

shelley said...

they're back at target? last time i went i didn't see them... i'm there!!!