Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Finley Says...

Over the past several months Finley's vocabulary has really blossomed.
He is saying too many words to count and even using two word phrases like "big truck", "Sit down", "Help me", and "get up" on a regular basis.




Yesterday while he was standing at our front window Finley said his first real sentence.


He proudly declared "I see a dog." How appropriate that one of his first words was dog and his first sentence involved the very same subject. Well David, do you think we can get a dog now? :)




In addition to his word explosion he is also very good at identifying shapes and even a handful of letters. His favorite shape is an octagon (Octo) and his favorite letter 'F'.
With minimal help from David and I he can say his entire alphabet and count to 20!




This child never ceases to amaze me. I am convinced he is the smartest kid in the world! :)




Please forgive this proud mama from all her bragging.

Now if he could only learn his colors! (I swear this kid might be color blind!)

5 comments:

carrie said...

Love the last picture! And that it follows the comment about him being the smartest kid. Ü

Sawyers Family said...

I was going to say the EXACT same thing as Carrie!! Love it!!

Tami said...

David, don't give in! Swoofy is chewing our house down one piece at a time, ruining our carpet, and driving me crazy!!!!! If you must get a dog, please come take Swoofy away!!!!!!!!

Donovan said...

Megan tells me every other week or so how cute your blog is. I promise I check it like once a month, but she must check it every couple of days! Way more than I do... She loves your family, sister! Finley is the cutest...

Donovan said...

whoa! our food blog left a comment. how funny. hahaha