Thursday, September 1, 2011

Time Flies...

When you are having fun!
Didn't summer just begin? How is it time to go back to school already?
Is it really September?


I guess our summer always seems so short because the first half of it is spent stressing out and getting ready for soccer camps. Then once that is over there is only 1.5 months of summer left to enjoy!

 But we sure have been busy this past month and a half. There has been so much to see and do!
We have enjoyed spending hot days inside at Bumper Jumpers.
This kid seriously loves to jump!



We have channeled our inner Monet and painted to our heart's content!



We have had several friends come over for play dates. Even though mom isn't that social, this kid sure is! He loves spending time with his friends. Yesterday upon arriving at SJ's house Finley declared "This is so wonderful." He cracks me up sometimes.


We were very privileged to be able to attend Miss Nicolle's music class again this summer. Or Micolle as Finley calls her.


Finley really enjoyed singing, dancing, and playing instruments with his pals. He would even try to repeat many of the things he learned in class at home.  


After almost every activity in class Finley would always ask Miss Nicolle if they could do it again.
I am expecting great musical things from this child, even though neither of his parents are gifted in that area.


We also got to spend time at the water park, pool, and spray ground. We are lucky to live in an area where there are so many fun options to stay cool and beat the heat!


I don't think mom and dad were big fans of the spray ground, but Finley sure did have fun.  


I mean what little boy doesn't love a huge water gun that you don't even have to refill?


We also put our membership at the Museum of Life and Science to good use. This is the museum I grew up going to so it holds a special place in my heart. And of course it is nice that Mimi, Pop Pop, and Uncle Donovan can join us when we go!


Sometimes I am not sure who the membership is really for... 


I can't believe Finley starts back at preschool next week.
I am missing him already. Good thing this kid doesn't start Kindergarten for a few more years.
I just can't stand them growing up so fast.

I guess it is time to look forward to cooler weather, shorter days, and of course UNC women's soccer :).


3 comments:

Kathryn Palmer said...

Looks like you have had a busy and fun filled summer. I wish we had a park with a spray ground close by.
I have been wanting to get over the Hanging Rock. Looks beautiful.
Duffy and I were invited to a similar party, but it was an iron chef party. We won a prize!

davendebbie said...

Finley is growing up wayyyyy to fast. We are so happy that you keep your blog updated so that we can watch the progress! It is such a joy to check in and see Fins little face smiling! Not only does the summer go to fast, Finley will grow up before you are ready. Enjoy every second! Keep taking lots of pictures! Love, Abuelo and Grammie

carrie said...

That's a lot of fun summer stuff in just 1.5 months!