Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Say What?!


10/20 - Finley woke up sick this morning and in his half sleepy voice said "I want to stay home today so I don't get all my friends sick" :(. Such a sweet boy. 

10/24 - I walked into Finley's room today and he had emptied out one of his school bins. I asked him if he was making a mess and he replied "No, I am organizing."


11/3 - After David and I had finished playing in a soccer game, Finley asked David if he scored any goals.  When David told Finley that he had not scored any goals, Finley asked, "Why?"  David responded that sometimes you score goals and sometimes you don't.  Finley then declared, "When I get bigger and bigger and bigger, I will help you make a score!"


11/8 - When I picked Finley up from preschool today his teacher told me she asked him what he was grateful for and his response was "Jesus".

11/14 - I told Finley that we were going to a book fair today and he asked, "Are there going to be rides?".

11/18 - Today we were watching a very intense UNC women's soccer game. Finley kept yelling "Go Tar Heels!" and then he would ask "Are they GOing yet?" Thank goodness they finally did!

12/2 - Today my dad's team won their 21st NCAA championship! Finley was so cute after we won. He kept pumping his fist in the air and shouting "We won! We won! We won!"


12/5 - While playing at a friend's house today Finley wanted to show something to his friend's mom. He told her "Come here sweetie."

12/5 - Also while playing with this same friend they were playing good guys and bad guys. Finley was the bad guy and walked into the room wearing a blood pressure cuff. He told her "Sometimes you have to take the bad guys blood pressure."

12/7 - Today we were in a car accident :( (not my fault by the way). Right after the accident occurred Finley kept yelling from the back seat to call "911!". It wasn't a huge accident, more of a pain in the butt than anything. All the way home from the accident Finley kept saying "I hope no one else hits our car", me too buddy, me too.


1/12 - I finally took down all of our Christmas cards today. There was a big pile on the floor and Finley was going through them. He picked up a card from the Best family and said "Oh, how adorable. Look at these adorable pictures." He then put the card up in his room for safe keeping.

1/15 - Today when I picked Finley up from school his teacher relayed the following story. "We were building shape snowmen today and put at the bottom of our pictures 'my shape snowman'. When I told Finley he could tell his mommy about his shape snowman he said "Or she can just read this (pointing to the label on the picture)". What a cheeky boy!

1/16 - While I was putting Finley to bed tonight I was telling him just how much I loved him. Then he cuddled me back and said "You are such a good girl". I guess he hears me telling him what a 'good boy' he is all the time :).



2 comments:

davendebbie said...

Thank you for sharing! We love seeing the pics and the "say what's" are so precious! Love, Abuelo and Grammie

Andrea said...

So cute! I love that he wants to get bigger and help David score goals. :)