Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter


Happy Belated Easter Everyone! 
I hope you enjoyed celebrating Easter as much as we did. 
I know this is after the fact, but if you haven't seen the bible video on Christ's resurrection called "He is Risen" go and watch it here. It is so great and very moving.  



In order to teach Finley more about the true meaning of Easter we did this cool activity where you open an Easter egg every night. Inside each egg is a scripture to read and an object that represents what the scripture is about. It goes through the last week of our Savior's life, his death, and resurrection. It was a big hit with Finley. He was so anxious to open one every night. And he learned a lot too. He recounted Jesus' resurrection perfectly to Grammie and Abuelo on Skype one day. What a good little missionary! 


Of course no Easter weekend would be complete without dying some hard boiled eggs. 



This year we bought a tie dye egg kit. 


The eggs turned out pretty cool, but it was a much more labor and time intensive process than I expected. 


As you can see towards the end we just started dipping the eggs in the colors to finish faster. 



Easter morning started off super early. Finley was very excited to see what the Easter bunny had brought him in his basket. 


Then we had a fun egg hunt around the house. Finley at first complained that the Easter bunny didn't hide the eggs very well. But after getting the more obvious eggs, he did need help finding the last few. 


We hid thirty eggs in all! 


David insisted on having one of the eggs filled with some money. I believe this is a tradition the Harris Family had when they were growing up; "The Money Egg."


After church we headed over to Mimi and Pop Pop's house for some more fun. 


Of course Mimi had to hide some of her own eggs for Finley to find. And again Finley started off the egg hunt by criticizing her for making it too easy. In the end, he did need some help again.


Next year I am going to make it super hard for this kid to find his eggs. Nothing in plain sight!



My good friend Rizzo was in town for the weekend and she stopped by for a visit! So fun to visit and catch up with old friends.


That evening we had a delicious Easter dinner with Mimi, Pop pop, Uncle Donovan, Nani, and my Uncle Pete and Aunt Dolly. It was a lot of fun spending time with family and visiting. 
Now I just need to get rid of all this candy in my house! I am seriously in trouble! 

2 comments:

shelley said...

the first picture of the egg dying process looked so weird and it was before i knew you were tie-dying them. i just saw that weird looking egg in david's hand and wondered what on earth you had done to your eggs to make them look like that. it looked like it had melted or something.

then i scrolled down to the next picture where you explained you were tie-dying the eggs. then the picture made sense. it wasn't a melting egg. it was an egg wrapped in a paper towel! haha!

looks like a fun easter.

Greg and Nicolle said...

I love Finley's bed-head. So cute... I think you should stop combing his hair.