SPRING BREAK! WOOT WOOT!
Well, when David doesn't get spring break, or even Good Friday off, it isn't really as exciting as it could be.
But Fin and I decide to make the most of finally having some spring weather with some day trips!
On Good Friday we headed over to the Zoo with some friends.
We had a great time visiting with the Robisons and spent the whole day with the Daughertys.
We saw a really cute baby chimp. I just wish I was able to get a better picture of it. I kept getting some glare action going on because of that stupid glass they put up.
A highlight for all the kids was riding the zoo train. They kept begging for it the whole time we were there. Apparently seeing the animals is not nearly as fun as riding the tram.
My favorite part is always seeing the elephants.
After visiting all of Africa we headed out of the zoo to have a picnic lunch with the hippos.
I can't believe this guy is almost 4.
The Daughertys.
Me and my little man.
Saturday brought even nicer weather so we headed over to HP City Lake Park for their annual Easter Egg Hunt and festival. I won't talk about how much we missed a certain Easter Egg hunt hosted by a certain family who moved away :(. We didn't participate in the egg hunt (it was way too crowded) but we did take advantage of riding the free rides!
We got there right when it started, and I am so glad we did. Lines for the rides got long fast! But luckily we made it on each ride once before bouncing.
Towards the end of spring break Auntie Michelle came down for a visit! This was the first time in a long time that she came down and didn't have a million things going on. We were able to relax and hang out together.
Fin and Mash made some fun Lego castles.
We also celebrated my dad's birthday a little bit early. I am still sad David had to work and miss it.
We went to my Uncle's new restaurant in Durham Page Road Grill. It is awesome! I highly recommend getting the shrimp and grits or the sweet potato gnocchi. Delicious! Can't wait to go back again soon.
Finley was a big fan of the citrus aide. And what is this face he makes? He does this in almost every picture now!
David was finally able to join us on Saturday and enjoy the rest of conference weekend with us.
We had so much fun visiting with auntie Michelle, Mimi, Pop Pop, and Uncle Donovan. Our visits always seem so short! Luckily she will be back at the end of the month to perform in Durham.
We hope you had a great spring break too!
No comments:
Post a Comment