Last weekend I had a little mommy getaway or 'girls weekend' as I like to call it. One of my good friends from high school, Sarah, was getting married in St. Louis. We decided that so David wouldn't have to miss work, and to save some money, I would head out there by myself.
It is always a little nerve racking traveling alone. I had to rent a car for the first time all by myself! And then I had to navigate from the airport and through the city to my hotel. Luckily I did not get lost or in a wreck! Success! Here are a few pictures of my hotel. It was called the Union Station hotel and located in/near an old train station.
It was also attached to a little mall. That part was a bit strange!
| The CH crew: Sarah, me, Hadley, Bryn, Reed and the flower girl |
After settling in I met up with my friend Reed and his wife Bryn for dinner. We ate at a very yummy vegetarian restaurant, but the plates were small. That was ok though because next we headed over to Sarah's house for a dessert party.
I stuffed myself with rice crispies treats and home brewed root beer. They were both so good!
The next day we slept in and I had to drop Hadley off to get her hair 'did'. While she was getting beautified I met up with Reed and Bryn again and explored the city.
It was a little chilly and breezey, but that didn't slow us down.
We checked out this cool city park.
The went over to the arch.
I really wanted to go up in the arch, but unfortunately due to the govt shutdown going on, it was closed! Boo republicans!
The arch is right next to the Mississippi River. The night before on our way back to the hotel, Reed and Hadley insisted on stopping by the river to spit in it. Apparently that is something good old Roy does which usually leads to National Championships for UNC men's basketball.
Hadley and I kept talking about how much we love Bryn! She is great. We are so glad Reed married her.
After exhausting our downtown tour we headed over to a park where the St. Louis zoo is. We didn't stay long, but I was super excited to see hippos! I don't think I have ever seen hippos in real life before.
They are huge! And kept playing with eachother, ie making it seem like they were fighting by trying to bite each other's heads off.
Another highlight of this zoo was seeing not one,
but two baby elephants! Next we picked up Hadley who looked like a Geasha doll and headed to a quick lunch before she had to be at the venue for pictures (Hadley was a bridesmaid).
When we got to the venue I was completely floored!
The ceremony and reception were held at City Museum which is this totally wild place. It is almost like an adult playground of sorts.
At first I was really sad Finley wasn't there to enjoy it, but then after exploring more of it I was glad because it didn't seem very safe! And I am pretty sure I would lose him in a place like this.
Reed tried out the hamster wheel while we were waiting for the wedding to begin.
The lovely couple!
The ceremony was beautiful and as a really nice touch they had a bouquet of flowers on the mantle in memory of Sarah's sister Peyton who passed away.
It didn't take Hadley very long to spill on her bridesmaid dress! At least it was after all the photos.
The reception was a blast. There was a candy bar - complete with candy cigerettes (it was a 50s themed wedding). The food was delicious and then it was time to dance! As a surprise Sarah planned a flash mob dance for her spouse which Hadley and I both participated in. It was so much fun and turned out great. I can't wait to see the video! We danced until we were beat!
As an added bonus, after the reception the guests were invited to change clothes and explore the museum. It is filled with cages, holes, slides, ball pits, caves, and more!
There were many holes and pathways I was too scared to enter because I was affraid I would get stuck! Plus I am a little clausterphobic so if I couldn't see where the hole was leading to, I didn't dare enter!
Here is the three story monster slide.
A huge whale you can go through his mouth.
The caves which lead to a 5 story and 10 story slide!
Here is the ten story slide that we did. I only had the energy to walk up to the top and do it once.
By the end of the night I am pretty sure I worked off all those calories I ate throughout the entire weekend. It was quite the experience though! I had so much fun catching up with my girls and hanging out with old CH friends. Congrats again Sarah! We love you!
1 comment:
Seriously FUN!
Post a Comment