Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crayons


Well if you haven't noticed, we are a little Lego crazy over here. We are gearing up for little man's birthday next month and the theme of his party is of course Legos! 



As one of his party favors I decided to buy these mini figure molds to make some crayons. It is super easy to do, just a little time consuming. I have some wonderful friends who gave me a bunch of their old broken crayons. After finally pealing all of the paper off the crayons, we broke them up, and then popped them into the oven!


I put them in for about 10 min at 300 degrees. Then let them cool for 15 - 20 minutes. 



Sticking them in the fridge helped cool them down a bit faster. 


And then we popped them out of the molds! Walla! I was really impressed with how well they turned out. And we only had a few casualties (a couple of lost heads or feet). But that only happened when I didn't let them cool down enough or I was rushing to get them out!


Because we only had those two molds above and you have to let them cool for so long it does take some time. But it is the perfect activity for a rainy or sick day. Of which we had both this week. 


I think I might also try making some homemade fruit snacks for the party with these same molds. I am hoping those will turn out just as well. We also have a Lego brick mold which I am using to make chocolate bricks with. Those pretty much look like crap right now. It is really hard to get the air bubbles out and get the little bumps on the Legos filled. Oh well. At least the crayons look nice! We are getting very excited for his party over here! 

1 comment:

MeganRuth said...

This is all around AWESOME! I love it!