Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Cleaning


I love a good before and after picture. For a while now I have been itching to get some things cleaned around our house. I finally bit the bullet and hired someone to come and pressure wash our house, deck, and driveway. Our siding was put up about 5 years ago and it was starting to get a little moldy. And I am pretty sure our deck and driveway haven't been touched in two decades. 
So it was time to get things cleaned up a bit! 

Driveway before: 


Driveway after: 


 It seriously looks so clean I don't want to walk on it. Or have anyone park on it. 


I think our walk way gets the best before and after pictures award. 


The main part of our house that was bugging me the most was the trim. With the trim being white it was really easy to see all the dirt and grime that has built up over the years. 


 Siding Before: 


Siding After: 



 Now I know our deck is still in really bad shape. We need parts replaced and the whole thing re stained or painted. But while we are trying to figure out what to do next, this will at least make me feel a little less embarrassed about our deck. 

Deck Before: 


Deck After: 



It had a lot of black mold and skuz built up on it. It almost looks naked now. 


Even parts of our brick were moldy.



I can't tell you how glad I am we got this done! 


This shows where the cleaners stopped pressure washing near the road. Look at the difference! 


Overall I am very happy about our 'spring cleaning'. Now we just have to decide what to do about our deck!  On top of this we are also in the process of putting down new pine straw everywhere. I feel like we are on curb appeal or something. Things are starting to look nice and very spring like over here! 

2 comments:

MeganRuth said...

Wow! That looks amazing! Seriously makes me want to get it done too... though can you pressure wash stucco?

carrie said...

It looks great! Like a brand new place!