3/13 - When we moved Fin man into his new room we packed up a bunch of the toys he wasn't playing with any more and stored them in the attic for (hopefully) future use. I explained to him that we weren't getting rid of them but were saving them for if we have another baby someday.Today Finley asked for a toy, and I reminded him that it was up in the attic. He immediately burst into tears screaming "But we may never have another baby!" Wow. I guess I may be projecting my feelings a little too much these days.
3/17 - Today Finley was looking at his school calendar and saw the words 'make up day' (referring to one of the many days we are making up due to snow). He then proceeded to tell me he did not want to go to school on make up day. When I asked him why he said "I don't want to have to wear make up to school!" Oh this kid. I love the way his mind works.
3/26 - I overheard Finley playing with a friend today and he used the term 'recruiting' appropriately. I guess if he can't be an all-star soccer player, maybe he can be a coach like his pop pop!
3/31 - Lately whenever I am helping little man in the bathroom and use 'potty words' Finley immediately yells at me and says 'Don't use potty words!' I try to explain to him that I am using them appropriately (while we are in the bathroom), but he gets really mad and says we shouldn't say potty words. I am guessing this is something his teachers have been telling kids at school.
4/2 - Tonight during Finley's prayer he gave a shout out to Santa Claus. He thanked Heavenly Father for Santa. I guess it is important to remember Santa year round and not just at Christmas.
4/27 - Finley has been trying to earn some money to buy a video game. He has decided that having a yard sale will be the best approach. When I asked him what he was going to sell at the yard sale, hoping he might get rid of some of the toys he doesn't play with, he told me he was going to sell all the baby stuff in the attic. Nice.
5/1 - We have been in CH a lot lately helping my mom recover from surgery. I have been nagging Donovan a bit the past few weeks and sometimes talking about what he needs to do when he is not around. One day while we were at Mimi's house Finley told Donovan "You have to walk the dog every day. And get the mail. And don't hang out in your room all day!" He was being a little bossy pants to Uncle Deez. Then later that night Finley marched into Donz's room and told him "This room is a mess. You need to clean it up!". I guess he has inherited my nagging skills. At least it is cute when Finley nags him on my behalf right?
5/13 - I was bathing Finley in the tub tonight when he stood up and and held still for a while. It then started to smell really bad. He had farted in my face, on purpose. Then to add insult to injury he declared "Happy Mother's Day!" That little stinker!
5/24 - Little man is really into earning some money. Today he went as far as to go and make a mess in his room just so he could then clean it up with the expectation of earning some allowance. When he tried to do it again immediately after, I had to put my foot down.
5/25 - Finley made his own 'comic' book so that he could sell it to earn some more money. He sold two copies to Grammie and Abuelo. When they almost forgot to take them home, he told them that if they left them here by accident, not to worry, that he would re-sell them to them again.
3/17 - Today Finley was looking at his school calendar and saw the words 'make up day' (referring to one of the many days we are making up due to snow). He then proceeded to tell me he did not want to go to school on make up day. When I asked him why he said "I don't want to have to wear make up to school!" Oh this kid. I love the way his mind works.
3/26 - I overheard Finley playing with a friend today and he used the term 'recruiting' appropriately. I guess if he can't be an all-star soccer player, maybe he can be a coach like his pop pop!
3/31 - Lately whenever I am helping little man in the bathroom and use 'potty words' Finley immediately yells at me and says 'Don't use potty words!' I try to explain to him that I am using them appropriately (while we are in the bathroom), but he gets really mad and says we shouldn't say potty words. I am guessing this is something his teachers have been telling kids at school.
4/2 - Tonight during Finley's prayer he gave a shout out to Santa Claus. He thanked Heavenly Father for Santa. I guess it is important to remember Santa year round and not just at Christmas.
4/27 - Finley has been trying to earn some money to buy a video game. He has decided that having a yard sale will be the best approach. When I asked him what he was going to sell at the yard sale, hoping he might get rid of some of the toys he doesn't play with, he told me he was going to sell all the baby stuff in the attic. Nice.
5/1 - We have been in CH a lot lately helping my mom recover from surgery. I have been nagging Donovan a bit the past few weeks and sometimes talking about what he needs to do when he is not around. One day while we were at Mimi's house Finley told Donovan "You have to walk the dog every day. And get the mail. And don't hang out in your room all day!" He was being a little bossy pants to Uncle Deez. Then later that night Finley marched into Donz's room and told him "This room is a mess. You need to clean it up!". I guess he has inherited my nagging skills. At least it is cute when Finley nags him on my behalf right?
5/13 - I was bathing Finley in the tub tonight when he stood up and and held still for a while. It then started to smell really bad. He had farted in my face, on purpose. Then to add insult to injury he declared "Happy Mother's Day!" That little stinker!
5/24 - Little man is really into earning some money. Today he went as far as to go and make a mess in his room just so he could then clean it up with the expectation of earning some allowance. When he tried to do it again immediately after, I had to put my foot down.
5/25 - Finley made his own 'comic' book so that he could sell it to earn some more money. He sold two copies to Grammie and Abuelo. When they almost forgot to take them home, he told them that if they left them here by accident, not to worry, that he would re-sell them to them again.
2 comments:
These make me laugh! Little money maker Finley is.
B was in to money making schemes at that age, too. But F is much better at acting on his ideas. :)
Post a Comment