Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Ward Camp Out


A couple of weekends ago we had our annual family camping trip, aka the ward camp out. I don't think I am brave enough to camp on our own nor for more than a day at a time. 


Not sleeping for one night is hard enough as it is. I can't imagine doing that several nights in a row. Plus at the ward camp out they bring all the food for you and get the fire started! 


And of course there are lots of friends to visit and play with. 


Finley enjoyed playing football with the boys. 


Although he was slightly disappointed they didn't play capture the flag late into the night. 


He still had a great time getting all that energy out. 


I enjoyed visiting with my girl Emily.


And Finley loves playing with her boys Thomas and Jackson. 


We tried to get to bed at a reasonable hour. And while Finley and I were reading Harry Potter . . .


David passed out! Not a huge surprise there. 


After being woken up at the crack of dawn by a loud bird and the urge to use the bathroom that was about a half a mile away we were up for the day! Only a few families camped out, but luckily there were more kids around Finley's age than last time. Another successful ward camp out! Maybe we can be convinced to go for longer if we go with friends! 

No comments: