Monday, February 5, 2018

United Soccer Coaches Convention


A few weekends ago I was able to take my mother up to Philadelphia for the United Soccer Coaches Convention. My dad was being inducted into their Hall of Fame and we wanted to be there to support him! We almost didn't make it as it snow 10 inches the day before my mom and I were suppose to fly out! Luckily our new all wheel drive vehicle got me to CH and I dragged my mom up their huge hill (I was too afraid to drive down her hill because thought I might get stuck) and we made it safely to the airport. By the Grace of God our flight didn't get cancelled and wasn't even delayed! Glory! Glory!



It is really fun walking around the convention with my pops. There are around 12,000 people who attend this convention every year and my dad is kind of like a celebrity at these things. People always want to talk to him, congratulate him, and have their picture taken with him. And I love going along for the ride! We were his official entourage. 



At the convention, I was able to see a few old friends from Chapel Hill who are now soccer coaches at CHHS my old high school. One was there to receive an award and two of my other coaching friends won awards that weekend too! So excited and proud of them!



Friday night was the big banquet! My dad was inducted into the Hall of Fame along side Bruce Arena former US Men's National Coach. 
They had a really nice clip of each of them highlighting their careers. 




There were also several alumni who came to the event and my dad's whole coaching staff surprised him and flew up for the banquet!




My dad's acceptance speech was amazing and we all got choked up at the end when he talked about how much he loves and appreciates my mother. What a blessing it is to have parents who are still together and in love with each other. They are such an amazing example to me.
We are so super proud of him and glad that we got to be there to celebrate this wonderful honor!
Way to go Pops!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Huge congrats to your dad! So happy that you and your mom could be there with him for his big day.