Wednesday, May 26, 2021

MLIS Graduation


5 years ago...I went back to school to pursue my Master's in Library Sciences degree from UNC-Greensboro so that I would be able to be a certified librarian. I didn't anticipate it taking quite this long...a pair of twins who will remain nameless threw quite the wrench in my plans...but I was eventually able to finish!



I am now certified to be both a public librarian and a school librarian.


I was so glad that we were allowed to do an in person graduation where I actually got to walk across a stage!



 

I was only allowed to have two guests with me.

 

And Finley was so glad to take off of school for the occasion!



It is kind of hard to make friends when all of your classes are online...but one friend, Candice, who took several of the last few courses with me was also there to graduate in person!




After graduation we went up to campus for a few photos.








Later that evening I had a zoom graduation with just my LIS department. I wish that one could have been in person too, but they did such a nice job with everything and made us feel very special!



The next night I invited close friends & family to help me celebrate the occasion and to thank them for supporting me on this journey. I totally forgot to take any pictures myself, but here are a few from some of my friends who came!








There is no way I could have finished this degree without the help of some key people. My mom and Grammie helped out so much when the babies were little. Keeping us alive, the house in order, feeding us, and allowing me to get back on track with my school work! Karen & Andrea also took turns watching the babies for me so that I could get away for some much needed tennis sanity breaks and also run errands. This past semester Karen also watched the babies for me so that I could complete my school internship program. And of course so many friends were supportive and helped encourage me and saved my sanity over the past 2.5 years in particular when things were a little crazy. I am so glad to be done and even though I won't be working until the twins go off to Kindergarten, I know I'll be ready and prepared when the time comes! Thank you everyone for your love and support! We did it!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Woo hoo! You are amazing. So happy that you were able to push through and finish your program, even when life took a different path than you were expecting. <3