Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Little Free Library

 


David wanted to get me something special for my graduation gift. After much thought I decided that the perfect gift for a newly appointed librarian would be her own little library.


We ordered a kit from LittleFreeLibrary.org.



It came preassembled and I got to decorate it and make it my own.


It took me a while to pick our a color scheme and design...but finally settled on one!

 

I actually had fun painting it!



Since our house isn't on the sidewalk side of the street we decided that the best place to put our new little library was up our neighborhood's swim and tennis club. This way it would see a lot of foot traffic and hopefully share lots of books with the neighborhood!



We had some good little helpers install the post and library!







A few weeks later the vinyl signs I requested from a friend arrived!



I think they put the perfect finishing touches on the library!


I am so excited to share this with our new neighborhood and the boys and I check it often to see what books have been added and which ones have been taken. 

This new librarian is happily managing my first Little Free Library!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a perfect gift! I love it! I'll have to look for it next time we play at your club!