Friday, July 2, 2021

How does your garden grow?


With a larger yard comes bigger gardening opportunities!


One of my friends in the neighborhood has the most beautiful flowers. She gives me seeds to plant but I am really bad about watering plants. Luckily these Zinnias that I planted from seeds made it and finally bloomed.

 

So far I have two that have blossomed and more are coming up!


The rose bushes and Canna Lilies came back and are gorgeous!

 

 

David made a planter's box in the fall and we planted a zucchini and squash plant there this spring.

 

They have done amazingly well! We have gotten so many squash and some really huge ones too! We've been sharing with all of our friends and neighbors since we have way more than we can eat!

 

If only the kids liked and ate zucchini and squash!



I tried to bake some healthy zucchini muffins but they didn't go over very well. Hunter found the zucchini in the muffins and told me they were dirty and to take it out! Lol

 

Maybe I will try some zucchini bread next!

 


David also planted several blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry bushes. We only got a few blueberries and blackberries so far, but the raspberries produced a decent amount. 


We think it will take another year or so before they really put out a bunch of fruit. 



In the meantime...let there be squash!



 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Those squash are AMAZING. And crazy. Thanks for sharing your garden abundance!