Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chapel Thrill


Spring has sprung here in North Carolina. Look at this beautiful dogwood off the back of our deck. We didn't even know we had dogwoods in our back yard until this spring. We also have a little pink dogwood in the front yard. It is so cute! I love all the flowers blooming and trees budding. The only thing that I don't like about spring is the nasty pollen. David also agrees because he has bad allergies.



This past weekend we spent Easter in Chapel Hill, aka the Thrill, visiting friends and family. Here is me and my younger brother Donovan. Isn't he such a ladies man? Too cute.


I also get to visit Hannah Banana our family dog.
She is always so excited to see me.
Hannah loves when I come home because David
and I take her for walks and also play ball with her.

Here she is playing ball. Well, actually here she is protecting her ball
because she knows it is time to come inside
and she won't give the ball back. Smart dog huh?


Here is the Easter basket that my mom made for David and I. I guess until we have kids of our own, and she has grand babies to spoil, we will still reap the benefits of being kids ourselves! Although I was a little disappointed there was no Easter egg hunt this year...I guess maybe we are too old for that.







This past weekend Donovan introduced us to Guitar Hero. This is a video game where you rock out and try to hit the notes on this plastic guitar when the game tells you to. Way harder than I ever imagined, but lots of fun too.









Here is Donovan and David going at it. Donovan is really good, and unfortunately David is slightly better than me. Donovan can even play without looking at the screen! He has played so much he has memorized some of the songs and notes to play.








Well I may not be a star at Guitar Hero, but at least I can pretend. I only played at the easy level which uses only three of the notes.












Isn't this picture funny? Ha ha ha David has no control over what I put on our blog!












We had a great weekend in Chapel Hill. It was nice just to relax and hang out with family and friends. I even got to see some friends from High School which was great! We ate some really good food too. Friday night we went out to our favorite Italian place in Chapel Hill 411 West. Then it was my dad's birthday on Monday so on Sunday night my mom made Nazi Goering ( I totally don't know how to spell that) which is Indonesian fried rice. Yummy! Happy Birthday again Dad! We love you and we are so proud of you! And you know I always got your back!


6 comments:

shelley said...

Now that you've had some practice, you should be ready to take us on in our next Guitar Hero/SingStar competition (now that there is a NEW SingStar version). Love the pics of David, and love even more that he doesn't know what you're putting on the blog!

Greg and Nicolle said...

You are playing the guitar the wrong way. Your left hand is supposed to go over, not under guitar. When we play again (hint, hint, Aagards), I will show you how to really play it.

Greg

Natalie said...

Greg,

I have no idea what you are talking about.

But I did hear that you like to play the guitar like a key board. Isn't that cheating?

Natalie

andrea said...

See, you should've woke David up from his early slumber during the last Singstar/Guitar Hero party and you guys would've shocked Donovan with your mad guitar skills!

Anonymous said...

I just showed Greg your blog, he is impressed. The guitar game looks like fun ( :

Natalie said...

Ok so I just wanted to let everyone know that this past weekend we played guitar hero at the Aagards and I beat David both times! ha ha ha! I'm back on top and loving every minute of it!

Natalie