This past week David and I traveled to Topsail Island, NC (pronounced topsol) for our annual family beach week! We had such a great time and it was so nice to relax, spend time with family, and play on the beach.
Here is most of the Horrance gang: Donovan (my brother), Kyle (his friend), Mom, Dad, me and David. Not pictured: Nani (my grandma) and Michelle (my sister)I think Michelle was taking the picture.

We saw lots of crabs while we were walking on the beach!

This one is dead, but pretty cool looking huh?
I also got to play golf with my dad and sister. I have to brag a little bit...I played the best golf of my life! I usually only play golf once a year when we are at the beach so I was amazed at how well I did. We only got to play 9 holes because it was getting dark, but I shot a 52 on nine holes (don't laugh all you real golfers out there). I made a par on one hole, and if my putting didn't suck so bad I would have had par on two more holes. The best part is I beat my dad and sister! (of course my dad gave us a two stroke advantage). We had a great time.
The rest of the week we spent time playing games, watching movies, playing pick up soccer on the beach, and swimming in the ocean. This is a picture of us playing Cranium. Can you tell this is a posed picture of me trying to guess what Michelle is drawing? Ha ha ha.

The Nani taught David and I how to play a new card game called Russian Bank. It is like solitaire, but with two people. I must say that I won most of the games against David...but no one could beat the Nani!

We had so much fun at the beach I just wish we could have stayed longer! We only got to stay for half of the week because David and I both needed to get back to work. Next year we definitely plan on taking the whole week off!
David got really into taking lots of pictures of the beautiful scenery and there are tons, but here is a sample of the best of the rest!

Under the pier.






7 comments:
I LOVE Topsail Island. It looks like you guys had a blast. I've never seen a crab as big as that dead one on the beach--only in restaurants.
And love that picture taken under the pier. You guys are great photographers.
That looks like such a fun time. I can't wait to go this week to the beach.
Greg
Don't forget to bring Clara's soccer ball with you guys to the beach. Soccer on the beach is a must!
And Andrea I didn't know you guys were Topsail fans! Do you guys go there regularly?
All right, I need to clear my name! Natalie did not win the majority of Russian Bank games . . . !!! Also, I just checked out my profile on the Blog and it appears that someone (read: Natalie) has been playing a very cruel joke on me . . . I most certainly do not like any movies with Orlando Bloom in them.
HA HA HA! I was wondering when you were going to notice that :).
I love how your Nani is in most of the pictures without people really realizing it- if you look in the mirrors in the pictures there she is! We can't wait to go to the beach later on this summer- it is so much fun and North Carolina has the best beaches!
Last time I played golf, I hit my dad in the head with my driver (he was trying to help me with my swing). Knocked him out cold. Haven't played since.
Post a Comment