
This past weekend, September 3 to be exact, was our 2 year anniversary! Time has really flown by! I can't believe we have been married two years already. Sometimes I feel like we are still just dating. So, to celebrate this event David and I took a trip up to Washington, DC.
My Uncle Mark and cousin Diana live up there so we went to visit them, see the sights, and also go to the Washington DC Temple.

One of the first things we visited was the Arlington National Cemetery. Both of my grandparents on my mom's side are buried there, as well as two of my aunts. I have never met any of them, so I always like to go and visit their grave sites while in town and hear stories about them. Plus it is so beautiful and not creepy like most graveyards. The weather was fantastic as well. Not humid at all!

Here is the headstone of my Grandfather Colonel Willis J Gary. They just called him Gary though. Did you know that there are over 300,000 people buried in the cemetery? And about 28 people on average per day are buried there.
Here I am with my Uncle Mark.
This is the backside of the headstone with my Grandma and two Aunts names on it. My Grandparents and Aunt Michelle died in a house fire just after my parents were married, and Marci died when she was only 3.
After paying our respects David and I took the metro into DC to the mall. It was pretty amusing watching us try to figure out how to get a metro card out of the machine. And the thing is, I have done a couple of times before! Those things are just complicated.
David wanted me to include this blurry picture of our metro ride.Once we got into the heart of the mall we went to the Holocaust Museum. I know pretty depressing day going to the Cemetery and then the Holocaust Museum right? But I had been to all the other museums except this one! So we got to go and look around. It was a very long tour and very intense. By the end I was practically running for the door. But I am glad I went and I learned a lot. They did a very nice job making you feel what people were going through.
I don't have any pictures of the Holocaust Museum, because you are not allowed to take any. But I am guessing it is probably better than way.
I don't have any pictures of the Holocaust Museum, because you are not allowed to take any. But I am guessing it is probably better than way.

After visiting the Holocaust Museum we didn't really have energy to visit any others, so we met up with David's friend Kaleb, ate lunch, and took a peek at the White House.
On Sunday we were able to have brunch with my cousin Diana and eat some amazing french toast. The entire weekend was filled with wonderful food and I stuffed myself silly!
This is David's friend Kaleb, his girlfriend Cary, and his parents. We were also able to visit with them at a very cool Belgium Restaurant.
It was so much fun visiting relatives and friends. I only have two first cousins so I was pretty excited to see and hang out with Diana.


6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What an emotional rollercoaster of an anniversary, huh? I'm glad you had fun in D.C. Michael and I almost went to the Holocaust museum one time, but we were afraid I would be too depressed, so we took in some other sites instead. Isn't it weird how small the White House looks in person?
What a fun little getaway. Ok, I don't know if fun is the best word--maybe educational and significant.
I've never ridden on a subway or metro. I better add that to my list of things I want to do before I die.
Happy Two Years!!!!! It does go by quickly, doesn't it? I'm glad you guys had a great anniversary.
Happy Anniversary! I love love love the DC temple- it's the one I grew up going to and the temple Rob and I were sealed in. Going there feels like going home to me. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! I can't wait to make it back up there- last time I was pregnant with Max and my sister and I took the metro in. It was great 'cause I was guaranteed a seat since I had a big belly.
Happy Anniversary !!!
We love you guys so much and are so proud of you two.
Love,
Mom and Dad (Debbie & David)
I am glad you two had a nice anniversary in DC. Looks like you both had a lot of fun. We love you!
Post a Comment