Thursday, November 15, 2007

STOMP!




The word is out. My sister is in STOMP! Congratulations Michelle! We are so excited and thrilled for you! I can't wait to come up for a show and cheer you on. For those of you who have never had the privilege to see Michelle dance...check out the video of her and her friend Nicholas (also in STOMP) breaking it down.





Isn't she fantastic? And after my most recent tap class, I have a new appreciation for dancing and clapping at the same time. It is harder than it looks...and painful!

Michelle will be performing for the next two months (a longer contract will most likely come into play after that time is up) in 4 to 6 shows a week in the cast of NYC's STOMP. Her role in the show is bin bitch. Seriously. That is what her part is called!I think they call her role that because she plays the bins (trash bins that is).


And no STOMP is not one of the shows on strike. They are a non-union show, so they will be adding more shows to their normal run to capitalize on that fact that so many Broadway shows are shut down. So if you are in the New York area...try to make it to one of her shows! We plan to go up the first weekend in January.


One of my friends, who will remain nameless, did not know what STOMP is. So for those of you not hip to STOMP, check out the link below:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTahKhYgEb0

Congrats again Michelle! We are so proud of you and we look forward to seeing you perform real soon!

5 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

Congratulations to Michelle! That is so exciting- I soooo want to go see the show! How long will it be running?

andrea said...

Natalie--what an exciting week for your family! That little video clip was amazing. I can't imagine what watching the whole show must be like. I've never seen STOMP, but have heard really good things. I don't think we have any trips to NYC planned anytime soon, but you never know with my spontaneous vacation-planning habits. :)

shelley said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you. I've never seen a picture, and I wasn't expecting you to look so much alike. And she is really good!!! I've never been able to tap like that.

Greg and Nicolle said...

Yahoo... so cool.
-Nicolle

Tami said...

I am thinking Gabi would LOVE Stomp. Do you think they would let her in? Please tell your sister I said congratulations.