This Christmas was so much fun because it was Finley's very first Christmas. David and I were particularly excited about starting our own family traditions and teaching Finley about our Savior's birth.
Uncle Donovan came with us to help pick out Finley's first Christmas tree. I must say that we have become very efficient in this process. I remember when I was young spending hours, or what felt like hours, picking out the perfect tree.
We picked out this beauty in 10 minutes!
Finley was more interested in feeling the tree than putting up the ornaments.
We took Finley to see Santa for the first time, but it did not go so well. We put him in Santa's lap and he lost it! He usually does so well with strangers too. So I ended up having to hold him and we didn't end up getting the best picture. Boo boo. It was so nice to have family close by for Christmas and since both of our parents live so close we ended up having three, yes three Christmases! Christmas number 1 was with Grammie and Abuelo!
Although he got some fabulous presents, Finley was most interested in the wrapping paper and bows.
I just had to stick them on his head :).
Onto Christmas number 2!
We celebrated with just our family before we headed to Chapel Hill.
We opened our stockings and the majority of our family gifts. Figuring out what to put in Finley's stocking was a little tricky this year since we weren't going to stuff it full of candy. But I think we did pretty well.
And some books that she loved when she was little.
(We just can't help ourselves!)
Which did take place on Christmas day.
We headed to Chapel Hill to spend time with Mimi, Pappy, Uncle Donovan, Aunt Michelle, Great Uncle Michael, Great Uncle Pete & Aunt Dolly, Great Aunt Chantal & Uncle Bruce, 'Uncle' Kenny, and Nani! It was a large crowd, but Finley sure had fun spending time with everyone.
Finley just loved banging away on it!
6 comments:
Looks and sounds like a great Christmas. GThat Finley is such a happy boy, always smiling. I love it! And that picture of the two of you looking at books at Christmas #2 is so cute!!
WOW! What a busy weekend! Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! That's a bummer about the Santa picture!
I feel your pain on the Santa picture. Mia was NOT having it! Our entire family was sitting on Santa's lap...ha!
I love all of the pictures. Your multiple Christmas sites sounds very familiar:)
I loved reading all about your busy Christmas. Finley is such a cutie. I also enjoyed reading about all of the things you are proud of. That was a great post. I am proud of you too! You inspired me!
Glad you all had a great Christmas. It is so different with a little one. It is nice to experience it with a kid.
"I remember when I was young spending hours, or what felt like hours, picking out the perfect tree."
No... it WAS hours... oh mother....
Post a Comment