Well many of my posts these days seem to be all centered around one thing. Or should I say one person. I think we all know who I am talking about. So in an effort to let you in on a little bit about what has been going on with me, here are some recent things I have been doing/working on that I am very proud of.
- A friend gave me a Super Baby Foods book and I have taken up the challenge of making my own baby food! At first I thought it would be super hard and very time consuming, but it's not. It has even been pretty fun.
- I am doing some work from home for my dad's soccer camps. I am in charge of recruiting teams to our team camps next summer and so far I have 8 teams interested in coming! It feels good to have a good jump on camps and know that I am making some progress.
- I have lost all the weight I gained during pregnancy and have even shed a few extra pounds. I realize that my stomach will never look quite the same, but I am feeling pretty good about my weight.
- I started playing soccer again a few months ago - the first time in well over a year. It has been fun to get out there and run around again and it makes me feel younger.
- I read 10 out of 11 books for book club this year. I have really enjoyed reading for pleasure these days now that I am not working or going to school.
- I have been volunteering at my old school helping the librarian shelve books. It is nice to keep in touch with my old work friends and feel like I am making a difference, even though it may be small.
- I have a goal of cooking 4 home made meals a week (meals that don't come from the freezer) and have been pretty good at keeping that up. I even try to have them at least started before David comes home from work - that only happens about 2 times a week though!
- Church wise I feel like I am finally learning the ropes of what it means to be in the primary presidency, I have been reading my scriptures at least five days a week, and am working really hard at doing my visiting teaching just about every month! There is always room for improvement for me in these areas but I think I have a good start.
Looking back on the year - making progress in all these areas on top of being a new mom and a stay at home mom feels really wonderful! Now I need to set some new goals for next year and continue to raise the bar.
6 comments:
You are amazing! These are definately things to be proud of! Reading through the list is kindof inspiring and makes me want to try and create a list. What a great thing to do, to help remind us we are progressing - or kick us into gear of we find we aren't as much as we'd like/should. Way to go!! And good luck for next year!
Awesome Natalie!!! This makes me want to look at my goals and get back on track. Thanks for sharing:)
Wow--you've been a busy girl!
i'm super impressed! you're handling new mommy-hood MUCH better than i did! kudos to you! you (and finley) will be much happier for it.
I'm impressed by all that you have accomplished! Good for you!
Loved this post. We hardly ever get the chance to chat, these days, so I was glad to get caught up on YOU!
-Nicolle
Post a Comment