Friday, July 30, 2010

15 months and counting






Finley turned 15 months old a few weeks ago!




This little man is really thinning out these days.




Here are his stats from the Doc:



Weight: 20 lbs 10 ounces



Length: 29 1/2 inches



Head Circumference: 18 3/4 inches







Our little man is growing by leaps and bounds! He is so much fun to play with now and his smile and laugh just melt my heart. He is a happy, easy going baby (or should I say toddler now?) and has a mouth full of teeth (11 with one more on the way). He is really starting to communicate to us using his signs or through speech. He can say cheese, shoes, bubbles, dog, dada, keys, pa pa (my dad), ELMO, boo, moo, ball, ice, and ba ba (instead of mama). For some reason he has stopped using his Ms. Plus he knows about 20+ signs. He is on the verge of going down to just 1 nap a day, even though I am not ready for it!







Here are some of his latest accomplishments:









Finley can climb onto objects now as he demonstrated at David's soccer game the other night. I guess when you are ready to leave, not even a fence will get in your way.










He surprised us by 'jumping' in this bouncer at a friend's birthday party. When you ask him to jump normally, he bends his knees and then straightens them. It is too cute. He also enjoys spinning in circles, walking backwards, playing ring around the Rosie, running, and kicking a soccer ball around the house.







Finley loves all animals! But he doesn't know boundaries yet. He will just walk right up to any animal and try to touch it. Here he is trying to step on a turtle.












And reaching out for a duck. Every time we go feed the ducks he inevitably gets bitten by one on the hand. Luckily Finley isn't phased by it. He keeps trying to reach out and grab them!










Bath time and pool time are still favorites! This kid can't get enough of the water.












He also loves watching Signing Time! and Sesame Street. Here he is with his second cousin Claire enjoying a post nap show and snack. Could life be any sweeter?








One of my favorite new things that Finley has learned to do is show affection. He gives hugs, kisses, and will even blow kisses when you leave. It is such a great feeling to get a slobbery kiss, even if you have to prompt him to get one.











One of Finley's least favorite things is when he gets his diaper changed. He wiggles, squirms, flips, and pitches a fit. So we use anything and everything to try and distract him. Here he is reading a book while having his diaper changed. Finley loves books and will read book after book all day long!




Other dislikes include bee stings (at least he isn't allergic), getting cleaned up after eating, and when I cook without his help.



I am amazed by what a little person he is these days. How he has his own desires, opinions, and seeing his little personality develop. It is so much fun being Finley's proud mom.



Here are some bonus pics:







3 comments:

andrea said...

Too cute!! Finley's growing so much this summer and we're missing it. Looking forward to catching up soon. I'll prep Caroline for some hugging and kiss-blowing.

jax from the harmon squad said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! And I LOVE the look in the second to last picture. If only I could get Max to wear a hat. Maybe Nick will let me dress him up however I please... And I agree that slobbery kisses are the best.

Kathryn Palmer said...

Finley is such a cutie! I can't believe he is 15 months. Won't be long before he is in nursery. You guys have been busy with the garden and field trips. So fun to keep up with your little family.