Where did the time go?
When did I become the mother of a 2 year old?
I just can't believe my little baby is a toddler now. A toddler!
I can't call him a baby anymore!
These past two years have just flown by.
I guess because we are having so much fun!
We are so blessed to be the very proud parents of such a sweet boy.
Here is Finley on the day he was born.
I am just floored by what a big boy he is now!
Here are his latest stats from the Doc:
Weight: 25 lbs
Height: 33 1/4 inches
Here are some of the funny stories from the past few months:
- As we were preparing to go for our morning run I was putting Finley in his big warm winter coat. He says 'motorcycle'. And I ask him if he heard a motorcycle or saw one..and he replies 'motorcycle jacket'. I guess he thinks his winter coat looks like a motorcycle jacket!
- Whenever Finley can't find us or wakes up in the morning he says 'Mama/Dada...where are you? What are doing?'. It cracks me up because that is what I say when I can't find him.
- During sacrament one Sunday Finley was really starting to lose his patience and want to go to nursery. To entertain himself during the last speaker he began to shout his ABCs and repeat it over and over again. Everyone on our side of the chapel was cracking up, including us.
- Finley loves playing chase. We have added a new level to this game by hiding from him while we run around the house. When he finds us he says 'I found me'. It cracks me up every time. I guess it is a combination of 'You found me' and 'I found you'.
- While riding in the car one day David and I were talking and Finley was once again reciting his ABCs in the back seat. This time when he got to the end he said 'Yay. (pause) Everybody yay!'. Apparently we weren't paying him enough attention or giving him the praise he deserved :).
- Finley has also developed some favorites among his friends. He talks a lot about a little girl at preschool named Sydney. One day when I came to pick Finley up the teacher told me they were kissing each other! When I asked Finley about it on the ride home he just started cracking up and smiling and saying 'Kiss Sydney, kiss Sydney'. Yikes! I didn't know I would be dealing with this already!
- One of Finley's other favorite girls is Caroline Sweat. She was of course at his birthday party this past Saturday. When Finley's Grammie arrived, he grabbed her hand and promptly guided her over to Caroline and kept pointing her out to Grammie. It was so funny.
-Finley is very affectionate these days. Anytime he says goodbye to someone or something he says 'Bye bye dada/playground/ducks/mailman I love you'.
Here are some of Finley's favorite things at age 2:
Bubbles, Elmo, Firetrucks & Firefighters, dinosaurs, the mailman, the trash man, stickers, singing 'Wheels on the bus', dancing/jumping, playing with his friends, visiting the baby ducks, the playground, visiting dada at work, going to the library, painting, playing soccer and basketball, watering the plants, reading books, and playing chase around the house.
I just want to slow down time and be able to take every moment in.
We love him to pieces and are so amazed everyday by what a sweet, loving, smart, and funny boy he is. I am so glad I get to spend my days with him at home.
Happy Birthday Fee Fee!
We love you!
3 comments:
I LOVE this age, when they can tell you what's on their minds, but haven't gotten sassy about it yet. Glad to hear you're savoring every moment.
I saw your mom tonight and she was telling me about the birthday party. Super cute idea!
I seriously cannot believe he is 2!
Happy Birthday, Fee Fee! He is such a happy boy, I love that shiny smile!!
Post a Comment