Finley had his first experience in gymnastics this summer.
We signed him up to take summer classes at Tumblebees, where one of my friend's parents both work.
He was reluctant the first few classes and also a little behind the other kids in strength and coordination.
But slowly he improved as the summer went on.
One of Finley's strong suits was jumping on the trampoline. Luckily we found out that trampoline is an Olympic event! There is hope after all for this kid.
The first month of classes Finley needed assistance on all of the equipment, but by his last class he was doing the circuits all by himself!
Finley's least favorite apparatus - the balance beam. Who can blame him? It is a long way down!
But he kept at it!
One of Finley's favorite parts was jumping into the pit of foam blocks. He loved just hanging out in there and throwing the blocks around.
Upside down Finley.
Right side up Finley.
And David's favorite move - the opossum.
The best part about taking gymnastics this summer was that we could watch the pros on TV during the Olympics.
Once Finley saw the 'big boys' doing the moves, he was a little more confident and hung onto the rings and bars for longer periods of time. Who knew that you could get better at a sport just by watching it on TV?
We were sad that Finley wasn't in Taty's dad's class, but he ended up loving his teachers and having a blast!
Maybe we will do this again next summer.
3 comments:
So fun! Plus, he learned some great skills. Go Finley!
So cute! Maybe I'll sign Cora up to join him next year and then they can hang out together.
I want to get Maylee in gymnastics! I think she would have a blast and it looks like Finley had a great time!! I wish I got better at sports just because I watched the TV!!
Post a Comment