Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dance Art Camp


Last week I introduced Finley to Dance Art Camp. DAC is a camp that is run through my mom's ballet school in CH. I went there when I was little, and then worked there when I was a HS student. Needless to say I was really excited for Finley to go to the same camp that mommy once did! We packed up and headed out to spend a whole week in CH! 



Finley was really excited about camp and felt right at home at the ballet school. 


Here he is with his wonderful teachers!


They sang songs, played outside, danced in the big studio, had snack time (Finley always said this was his favorite part), and did some art projects. 


The theme for the week was holidays. So each day they did a craft centered around that holiday. 


While Finley was in camp I helped my mom do a little purging and organizing around the house.  



Then in the afternoons we spent time with Nani at her pool! 



I also got to catch up with one of my old HS buddies who lives in CH. 


Finley really enjoyed hanging out with pop pop and watching him shoot his bow and arrows! 


Finley really wanted to try it, but it was way to hard to pull the string back. 


We promised we would get him a kid version soon. 



 He did have fun finding and collecting the arrows though! 

It was a fun week at Mimi & Pop Pop's house! Finley did not want to leave, but I think we were wearing poor Mimi out! He loved DAC and said he is going to miss all his new friends (even though he can't tell me any of their names :)). He can't wait to go back and do it again next summer!




2 comments:

MeganRuth said...

Kids don't need names; they're automatic friends just bc they're kids. :)

carrie said...

I love the little superhero in the woods looking for arrows. :) Sounds like it was a great week!